IGNORED

Dark Souls

Joyrex

I am currently thinking of trying to summon help for Capra demon.

I know to go up the stairs as much as possible and do the plunging attack, but the dogs keep fucking things up for me. I am either going to summon help or give up for the time being, and go to Darkroot. So frustrating.

Some slightly imba advice for Capra Demon: Walk in and throw an Alluring Skull towards the right. The Capra Demon and at least one dog will attack the wall for about 5 seconds, which should give you enough time to run to the stairs, kill one dog.

One a side note, once its you and the capra, just attack after you evade/roll away from his double handed attack. His attack where he uses both swords is basically unblockable, it will break your shield.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

Haven't played this for ages, really should pick it back up again. I do remember a comical moment where after striking the first bell, I came down the tower stairs to find a character stood there, motionless with his arms outstretched. My Demons/Dark Souls instinct told me to stab first, ask questions later - turns out he was a covenant priest, who then proceeded to go batshit mental trying to kill me. Just managed to kill him, but I think I've incurred some massive in-game penalty for doing so :facepalm:

Haven't played this for ages, really should pick it back up again. I do remember a comical moment where after striking the first bell, I came down the tower stairs to find a character stood there, motionless with his arms outstretched. My Demons/Dark Souls instinct told me to stab first, ask questions later - turns out he was a covenant priest, who then proceeded to go batshit mental trying to kill me. Just managed to kill him, but I think I've incurred some massive in-game penalty for doing so :facepalm:

Thats the only guy in the game who you should avoid killing at all cost lol. He's not just a covenant priest, he's the only person in the entire game who can absolve you on sins, lol

Guest Sprigg

Thats the only guy in the game who you should avoid killing at all cost lol. He's not just a covenant priest, he's the only person in the entire game who can absolve you on sins, lol

Haha it's probably worth restarting the game for, honestly... isn't he one of the only people who sells transient curses or the curse curing item or something?

Nah you can get transient curses from the guy on the roof in New Londo and curse cure from the merchant at the end of the sewer as you go into Undead Burg.

He's fucking crucial though, lol

Oh my!

:cerious:

It's ok man. Whenever I come across someone motionless with their arms outstretched, it's always my first instinct to stab them in the face as well.

Guest jasondonervan

FFS, back to the drawing board then. I might sit this one out until the PC version shows up!

i gotta be honest, poor Mr. Donovan's predicament made me LOL for a good while, best ive had in days.

I should pick this game up...is it under 30 yet?

lol

The first time I saw that guy I dropped my controller in fear. It's just the way it's setup... coming down that ladder to an area you were just at only to turn around and be face to face with some crazy lookin' mother fucker. I WISH I would have stabbed that fucker. You're more of a man than I am, I chose flight.

Guest bitroast

Pretty much rage quitted my way out of this game after trying to tackle nito without a divine weapon.

Some months later of not playing, I've left the tomb, gotten whatever embers I needed, gathered souls and divined the shit out of my sword. Pretty much ran through the catacombs and tomb back to the boss fight area bonfire without bothering to even acknowledge any of the skeletons or bullshit spin wheels that were on the way. I haven't defeated nito just yet, but I'm hopeful I'll be out of this rut pretty soon^^ to quote a costanza or two, "I'm back baby!"

Just beat Queelag w/ the Maneater, went back to Firelink via waterwheel, and found the girl behind bars dead. Now I can't use the firelink shrine and am scurred. I know what I have to do to get her back, but I feel like I am being pushed towards end game before my time (ie Anor Londo). Is this correct? I still have the Catacombs, Undead Asylum, Sif , Valley of the Drakes and a shit ton of other stuff to do. I hope I am wrong, but everything I read online seems to be pointing towards the F ortress and Anor Londo.

Nah, man, you've got plenty of time to do all those things. I've always done Anor Londo before just about everything I can. If I were you, I'd go ahead and do the Undead Asylum now while you're at the shrine, then head to the Fortress or Sif if you have the crescent.

Just beat Queelag w/ the Maneater, went back to Firelink via waterwheel, and found the girl behind bars dead. Now I can't use the firelink shrine and am scurred. I know what I have to do to get her back, but I feel like I am being pushed towards end game before my time (ie Anor Londo). Is this correct? I still have the Catacombs, Undead Asylum, Sif , Valley of the Drakes and a shit ton of other stuff to do. I hope I am wrong, but everything I read online seems to be pointing towards the F ortress and Anor Londo.

Anor Londo is the midway point and a pretty friggin hard one. There is an entire hidden level in there called Painted World, you have to return to the Undead Asylum to get a pecular doll to enter it. Sens Fortress is my favorite level in the entire game perhaps. Enjoy it. Don't forget there is new game plus.

Numbers wise, its tough to say what you should be around Anor Londo. I seem to remeber SL 40 being around the area where I beat "the boss" there last time. You will end up spending lots of souls at a black smith you find there. Prepare to spend quite a bit of time there.

Guest jasondonervan

Well if nothing else, I'm glad my deranged actions generated some :duckhunt: I shall steady my resolve and return to Lordran... and be a little friendlier to its inhabitants!

• 3 weeks later...

that's a shame, i remember getting killed and running for hours from him, such an agressive cunt

no it doesn't matter, life must go on in dark souls, now go out there and get killed

Guest Sprigg

Havel's Ring is useful if you want to wear heavier armour and still get the fast roll speed. nut not necessary.

Havel's ring was very important to my build (Giants Armor +5), Strength/Faith build, while still putting a few points here and there in Vit and endurance. A little bit of dex to use a long bow, but I realized too late that I should have been using a short bow, as the modifier on it is strength, where as LB is dex.

Any how, I've seen a lot of builds that require Havel's Ring, but again, only if you want to wear heavy armor.

p.s

you can cheese havel through the door in Dark Root Basin, near hydra. He won't ever step out of his tower (it says in his lore that he won't leave the place where he died). So yeah, just aggro him, get in a shot or two with a spear or halberd, and then back off. Rinse and repeat.

• 2 weeks later...

I might do a vitality gouge build.

I sorta decided that D3 distraction was not worth it. Plus my friends all gave up in Hell.

Archived