IGNORED

EKT CD Exchange

Cryptowen

Here's an idea I was just thinking:

It's great being able to stream tons of stuff on SC & places like that, but sometimes I wonder if there's truth to the idea that it devalues music. Probably not, but still, I'd say there is something special about physical media with unique art & a collection of thematically linked musics. Both consuming & producing (speaking from personal experience, I was more excited about releasing things when I put actual albums together, unlike the last year/half where it's been "put random stuff out randomly when I'm bored").

So, my idea. A group of music-maker types (namely EKT, but if successful it could expand to other places for a wider range of styles), each member sending a physical copy of their music to another person in the group & receiving music from someone else (I imagine pairings being determined randomly, or geographically to reduce postage costs). It could be a professionally produced CD they're already selling, a cassette tape, a burned CDR with pictures doodled on a napkin, or whatever. Point is it would hopefully be something where a bit of thought went into the overall look/sound of the thing. If there was enough interesting new pairings could be made every so many months, a sort of musical gift exchange program.

Would there be any interest in this? Ironically I haven't produced a proper album or EP in some time so if I was in this I'd either have to make one or dig out something I made back in highschool.

I would love to be a part of this, but I don't really have any releases or anything ready for release. hrmph... could I send dj mix cds? would that be acceptable?

Cool. So the list so far is

Chassis

Cryptowen

Ganus

Hautle

Luke Viia

Sprigg

Probably leave this going for a week at least before making any official plans, give more people a chance to see it

I have a very good idea for musical distribution in the age of the internet but I won't be mentioning it here yet. I need to do my research first to see whether I can set it up etc.

let me guess... mediafire?

Nah lol. Anyways I'm gonna do my research but my aim is for to sort of kick start people buying mp3s as the norm as oppose to downloading them off p2p programs etc. Anyways I gotta do my research.

Nah lol. Anyways I'm gonna do my research but my aim is for to sort of kick start people buying mp3s as the norm as oppose to downloading them off p2p programs etc. Anyways I gotta do my research.

OMG, that's so cool. Did you hear they're doing a new film based on Charlie's Angels?

Archived