IGNORED

AW-TEK-ER?

Guest RandySicko

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Xenblake

I agree with the OP in that it should be pronounced as seen fit by the pronouncer.

It's more in the spirit of Ourteacher. It's the Autechrian way.

Guest RandySicko

I doubt they would outright lie about that. The only thing I don't really believe is the bit about creating the name name by bashing the keboard ...but then again, these are the guys who supposedly released a track comprised of sounds from one of their own rectums.

i love how people take the whole "They state that the name Autechre can be pronounced in any fashion" thing as serious.

lol

Yes. Autechre pronounces it Aw tek er. That's the end it.

I doubt they would outright lie about that.

It's not a "lie". They just don't want to take themselves too seriously. But why would anyone want to pronounce it differently than the artists themselves? Of course you CAN, but why? It's such a great name.

Guest Xenblake

I think it's nice the way the word Autechre has a knack for reflecting the unique understandning of the person reading it. Plus language, accent etc. of the person pronouncing it. I think they like juxtaposing words and numbers in strange, often funny ways as they do with sound in their tunes.

Alot of their album/track titles also stray off into ambiguous territory, leaving the listener to decide how to interpretate the actual spoken sound of that string of words/numbers.

It's Idiosyncratic dyslexia music!

I doubt they would outright lie about that.

what, just like how Sean lied about not knowing what WATMM is?

"WATMM? What's WATMM?"

they themselves pronounce it autechre. so it is autechre.

Guest Xenblake

Eutow..you two.. E.U tow...you what?!

But hey, Catachresis is a linguistic term and how about cichlisuite? Incunabula referring to "The very first printed documents"?

I love that way of playing with words they do. In a sense their play with words and numbers is very descriptive of their musical approach, in that their titles are often made up of obscure, already existing words, spliced together to form something new and less recognisalble.

I dunno I've always picked up on this language thing with Ae. Not just the titles and such but in their music too. It's trying to SPEAK. Albeit on its own alien terms.

Eutow..you two.. E.U tow...you what?!

But hey, Catachresis is a linguistic term and how about cichlisuite? Incunabula referring to "The very first printed documents"?

I love that way of playing with words they do. In a sense their play with words and numbers is very descriptive of their musical approach, in that their titles are often made up of obscure, already existing words, spliced together to form something new and less recognisalble.

I dunno I've always picked up on this language thing with Ae. Not just the titles and such but in their music too. It's trying to SPEAK. Albeit on its own alien terms.

That's cool man. I just don't pay much attention to the track names. I get it though.

Guest RandySicko

Prob more of a UK US thing now that I think about it. I say ped-a-file, you say peed-o-file. It's all about what is familiar to us.. not to say I'm familiar with pedofiles, but you get what I mean. Any Cholmondeleys or Featherstonhaughs out there?

Archived