IGNORED

AW-TEK-ER?

Guest RandySicko

Guest RandySicko

Out of sheer curiosity (and partly because of the rediculously IDM-ish Autechre forum subtitle), I was wondering how many people pronounce their name like I have for the past 7 years ...which is aw-tek-ra.

C'mon, even Rob and Sean said it can be pronounced anyway. And you all know what comes after "liiive at oscillate ..."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RadarJammer

The first time I learned about them was the name scribbled on a piece of scrap paper and the way I pronounced it in my head was "aw-tek-ra", so thats how I've always read it/said it.

When I first saw the name I thought that they were French and it was some French name. So now for me Aw-Tek-Er sounds like how Lancashire oiks would pronounce it wrong. But that's always how I've pronounced it.

ffs, I'm dyslexic and even I say auw-tech-ER

How do you pronounce centre? or theatre?

this is right

you dont literally pronounce the "re" as it's spelled, lol, idiots

AW TEK REEEEE

i dont even listen to them and i know this

Guest RandySicko
Here endeth the lesson.

:lol: I was never asking how to pronounce it

Booth and Brown pronounce the name Autechre with a Rochdale accent (/ɔːˈtɛkər/ aw-tek-ər). However, they have explained that the name can be pronounced in any way one sees fit. Booth explains: "The first two letters were intentional, because there was an 'au' sound in the track, and the rest of the letters were bashed randomly on the keyboard.

Archived