IGNORED

The Fabric of the Cosmos

Guest SoundPermutation

i remember someone posting that video demonstrating 12 different dimensions, and I loved it despite not understanding anything past 4D.

I can do history, poly sci and philosophy, but I am admittedly an idiot when it comes to the sciences, especially physics in these sorts of realms. But I love "trying" to understand it

Can anyone recommend books on these matters that are dumbed down in layman's terms while still essentially substantive?

but I am admittedly an idiot when it comes to the sciences, especially physics in these sorts of realms. But I love "trying" to understand it

Feynman said it best, nobody understands quantum mechanics. I think Stephen Hawkings latest book, the grand design, did a pretty good job laying it out simply without dumbing it down.

Can anyone recommend books on these matters that are dumbed down in layman's terms while still essentially substantive?

Brian Green's The Elegant Universe is pretty easy to understand. I've only watched the NOVA special though, haven't read the book. It was my introduction to all of that kind of stuff.

i remember someone posting that video demonstrating 12 different dimensions, and I loved it despite not understanding anything past 4D.

I can do history, poly sci and philosophy, but I am admittedly an idiot when it comes to the sciences, especially physics in these sorts of realms. But I love "trying" to understand it

The Dancing Wu-Li Masters.

it's old, but it's a hell of an introduction. and if i remember right, it's before all this string theory poodlyflop became mainstream/considered.

I'd recommend:

Time does not exist : tales of a neutrino hater

by Babar R. Weirder (2012)

thanks.

babar, can you explain to me why so many french people say stuff like "do the lungs of an owl not swoop also, as they hunt the innocent mouse?" when asked (for example) how the overall household income is rationed in a low income american household?

Love me some Brian Greene. Finishing up his latest book right now, The Hidden Reality. Very interesting ideas on all the different ways we could possibly live in a multiverse. Easy to understand and IMO, the best popular science writer from a literary standpoint.

babar, can you explain to me why so many french people say stuff like "do the lungs of an owl not swoop also, as they hunt the innocent mouse?" when asked (for example) how the overall household income is rationed in a low income american household?

I can't.

Archived