IGNORED

this is it

Guest fiznuthian

i usually eat some sort of hot cereal for breakfast, w/ fruit and nuts and honey and stuff, cuz its delicious...

but i was just wondering... what are some good breakfast ideas that don't involve grains? an apple isn't gonna keep me going for very long. salad for breakfast doesn't sound very appealing. straight up fruit for breakfast is just fine, but... i dunno, seems expensive

any ideas?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fiznuthian

i usually eat some sort of hot cereal for breakfast, w/ fruit and nuts and honey and stuff, cuz its delicious...

but i was just wondering... what are some good breakfast ideas that don't involve grains? an apple isn't gonna keep me going for very long. salad for breakfast doesn't sound very appealing. straight up fruit for breakfast is just fine, but... i dunno, seems expensive

any ideas?

I eat large fat/protein meals for breakfast and snack on a little fruit, usually I just make eggs (i buy eggs with 660 mg omega 3 per egg).

Saturated fat and protein suppresses appetite far longer than carbs ever could. I go for energy density, fatty acids, and nutrient density in my morning meals.

Upon waking the body will be in a mild ketosis, fat and protein will keep this going and your body will continue to burn food by thermogenesis. Carbs will be fine but don't overdo it or any food consumed from then on out will be primarily stored instead of utilized.

If I had the time i'd make my version of scrambled eggs every morning and eat them over a piece of lightly buttered toast. Keeps me going. I generally throw some mushrooms, onions and cheese into the mix. But when i'm up at 4.30am i generally don't feel like cooking eggs so i have tomatoe on cream cheese on toast. I throw an avacadoe in the mix whenever i can get them on sale. Tasty as fuck and healthy and easy and AWESOME.

also this belongs here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swDpWNKB5Co

any ideas?

Ain't nothing wrong with some oatmeal in the morning, just plain though. Even the instant stuff is basically the same in terms of nutrition. 2 packs of the Quaker plain with a dab of brown sugar and some apples cut up into it keeps me going all morning if I'm not working out that day.

Mornings where I'm going to the gym are usually something like this: 3 egg whites scrambled (usually leave one yolk in), a little grated cheese mixed in, some spinach just lightly cooked, a slice of bacon and two slices of whole grain toast. Juice then coffee.

BAM!

this is the grainy goodness i eat for breakfast almost every morning:

8GRN27_SD.jpg

chen - why only plain oatmeal? fuck all that, i need some crunch in my mush. apples/almonds/honey/cinnamon and some half & half from this local farm brand i found recently. thats where its at.

moar eggs in my breakfasts is probably a good idea.

posted from my ipad :cat:

any ideas?

I eat large fat/protein meals for breakfast and snack on a little fruit, usually I just make eggs (i buy eggs with 660 mg omega 3 per egg).

Saturated fat and protein suppresses appetite far longer than carbs ever could. I go for energy density, fatty acids, and nutrient density in my morning meals.

Upon waking the body will be in a mild ketosis, fat and protein will keep this going and your body will continue to burn food by thermogenesis. Carbs will be fine but don't overdo it or any food consumed from then on out will be primarily stored instead of utilized.

i would weigh nothing if i did that. i know because i did do that for a while. the only thing that keeps me at a somewhat normal weight is carbs for breakfast.

Again - and this is no slight to fiznuthian - but most on here should not be following his lead for dietary advice. He's training for triathlons - that's a whole different kettle of fish for your body.

Or rather, they should be following it, but maybe not the extremes that he has.

Like XXX said - diet is exceedingly complex - individuals are..well that, individual.

Guest fiznuthian

Again - and this is no slight to fiznuthian - but most on here should not be following his lead for dietary advice. He's training for triathlons - that's a whole different kettle of fish for your body.

Like XXX said - diet is exceedingly complex - individuals are..well that, individual.

Yeah, I do take it to extremes.. sortof.

But it certainly doesn't feel extreme to eat meat, vegetables, and fruits. I cook in grass fed butter and coconut oil. Everything tastes delicious and it certainly doesn't feel like a "diet".

And while I do get LOTS of exercise I am not currently training for triathalons specifically.. At the moment I could easily compete in one and probably kick it's ass. I feel like I barely even tried to get in this shape. And god damn are my muscles explosive! Had to be careful playing soccer because in full sprints I would run into people and send them flying :(

But it certainly doesn't feel extreme to eat meat, vegetables, and fruits. I cook in grass fed butter and coconut oil. Everything tastes delicious and it certainly doesn't feel like a "diet".

And while I do get LOTS of exercise I am not currently training for triathalons specifically.. At the moment I could easily compete in one and probably kick it's ass. I feel like I barely even tried to get in this shape. And god damn are my muscles explosive! Had to be careful playing soccer because in full sprints I would run into people and send them flying :(

Eating meat vegetables and fruits is not extreme. I'm talking about the elimination of all grains, serious reduction of carbs etc.

You're not really supposed to run into people playing football ;)

how+much.JPG

lion?

Archived