IGNORED

New York City

YEK

right, we're heading to NYC for 5 nights in March. Been reading a guidebook but haven't really got any ideas yet on stuff we definitely want to do. Booked some tickets to see the Knicks though!

Any suggestions on things that are definite 'must dos', and any good tips for food/bars etc. We're staying in Manhattan by Manhattan Bridge/Chinatown.

you should try walking through central park late at night, like 1-2 am

just hang out in times square for a whole day, theres a lot of cool stuff to do there and great food (awesome red lobster right in the middle of times square)

get yourself some cheap I <3 NY shirts in chinatown and be sure to wear them for the duration

legit pizza

etc

edit: jk lemme know if you want restaurant/record shop/other suggestions for things to do. there are free days for many museums in new york, which can be convenient, depending on when exactly you'll be visiting too.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has anyone eaten at any of these restaurants?

Sushi Yasuda

Locanda Verde

Blue Hill

Kin Shop

Gramercy Tavern

Torrisi Italian Specialties

Annisa

ABC Kitchen

they are on my list right now for my next visit to NYC, have to narrow it down to one epic meal.

has anyone eaten at any of these restaurants?

Sushi Yasuda

Locanda Verde

Blue Hill

Kin Shop

Gramercy Tavern

Torrisi Italian Specialties

Annisa

ABC Kitchen

they are on my list right now for my next visit to NYC, have to narrow it down to one epic meal.

My friend ate at Blue Hill at Stone Barns (michelin star-rated!) and she loved it, but I'm not sure about the in-city location. I mean, I'm sure it's balling out of control, I just don't have any frame of reference.

I gotta say real quick, though, that people should check out Eataly, Mario Batali's italian restaurant/marketplace. good, fresh pasta dishes, and awesome food stuffs to be purchased. it's affordable and easy to be seated. That, and both Babbo (another Batali joint—I swear I'm not a Batali dickrider) and Bar Americain, Bobby Flay's joint, were both pretty good food.

Totally open to provide more poorly-informed suggestions.

Gramercy Tavern

yes, a few years ago. thank goodness I was not footing the bill. but the food was fantastic. I had the seasonal tasting menu.

Minca in the East Village is my favorite recommendation right now - amazing fresh ramen. I recommend the spicy miso broth w/wavy wheat noodles and charshu (fatty) pork. I would probably eat this even as a vegetarian.

I gotta say real quick, though, that people should check out Eataly, Mario Batali's italian restaurant/marketplace. good, fresh pasta dishes, and awesome food stuffs to be purchased. it's affordable and easy to be seated. That, and both Babbo (another Batali joint—I swear I'm not a Batali dickrider) and Bar Americain, Bobby Flay's joint, were both pretty good food.

Totally open to provide more poorly-informed suggestions.

eataly is awesome

bar american is good but he has better. I'm going to Mesa grill on Wednesday for lunch. stop by jefferoo!!

Guest Glass Plate

I usually just get some clothes from Uniqlo and like check out a couple chelsea shows and take a bus home. some day I'll do more.

Not really. That is a common misconception. If you want to, you can eat cheaper there than in most other cities... especially in LA (unless you count taco trucks).

Sorry I wasnt explicit enough, my conception of good food isnt the same as most people in America.

Not really. That is a common misconception. If you want to, you can eat cheaper there than in most other cities... especially in LA (unless you count taco trucks).

Sorry I wasnt explicit enough, my conception of good food isnt the same as most people in America.

and portugal is an utter shithole. your point?

:trollface:

Thats not even a point. And its completely unrelated to what I said. Anyway, have you been to Portugal? Thats another point.

Btw I wasnt trolling, i genuinely think most food in NYC is overpriced unhealthy plastic food, even though it may not look like it to the less preocupied or experienced.

Thats not even a point. And its completely unrelated to what I said. Anyway, have you been to Portugal? Thats another point.

Btw I wasnt trolling, i genuinely think most food in NYC is overpriced unhealthy plastic food, even though it may not look like it to the less preocupied or experienced.

lol

Archived