IGNORED

I'll say it...

OneToThirtySix

if you want to listen to good pop music, i'd recommend getting into madonna's catalog. confessions on a dance floor, music, & ray of light are some of the most solid pop albums out there.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I heard "Like a G6" on the radio the first time I couldn't believe how shit hot that track was....except then the vocals came on and i understood

:facepalm:

but seriously, if you lose the vocals that track is fucking awesome.

[youtubehd]YWoAGhoW4t8[/youtubehd]

It sounds like it could be some classic I-F shit or summat. Needs a little more percussive variation though.

if you want to listen to good pop music, i'd recommend getting into madonna's catalog. confessions on a dance floor, music, & ray of light are some of the most solid pop albums out there.

I've never really seen the appeal with Madonna, and I know her style is synonymous with pure pop.

But no way you'll convince me Encoder isn't pop.

Pendulum is pop?!

What would you call it? It sounds like updated 80s synthpop to me, maybe with an alternative edge, but obvious pop influences.

pendulum is drum n bass... at least, their first album is. their subsequent ones are some weird electronic-alt-rock hybrid. definitely not pop.

I dunno, pop song structures, autotuned vocals, lame mixed symbolic/performance video clips.. Sounds like pop to me. No amount of shitty metal guitar riffs or stereotypical dnb beats can make it any different.

i only have their first album. when i hear pendulum, i think of music like this:

[youtubehd]FRlYkosryBE[/youtubehd]

which may be shitty commercial dnb, but it's not pop ffs.

Yeah I know what they used to be like (actually Rob Swire's pre-Pendulum output as Anscenic was actually pretty awesome hardcore influenced dnb), but considering Swire himself has pretty much disowned dnb I think it's pretty safe to say that they've become a 'pop band'.

What's not to like?

(yes I know it's not the original)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouvZuP3mNWo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XGSx47Tqvo

(an australian classic!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MmddpIl89c

and that's just scratching the surface....barely.

I want lady gaga to meet my penis. and i have no idea why.

I'm going to go out on a limb (which is what I call my penis) and say this is why

ladyUgagaUassU02.jpg

Because that works for me.

Guest kineaesth

Will I get disowned from the cool kids electro music club by saying that I think Pendulum's first album is actually pretty great, incredibly spot-on both musically and production-wise?

When I heard "Like a G6" on the radio the first time I couldn't believe how shit hot that track was....except then the vocals came on and i understood

That's why it works for me -- I never pay any attention to lyrics. :/

Will I get disowned from the cool kids electro music club by saying that I think Pendulum's first album is actually pretty great, incredibly spot-on both musically and production-wise?

i totes agree

I've only listened to it once but it didn't stand out to me as much as say, Noisia, who I think are way ahead in terms of production and melodic variety. I didn't mind some parts of the latest Pendulum album but Swire's melodic style gets pretty tiring once you realise he pretty much uses the same scale in every fucking song..

i like the vocals, and the track. vocals and lyrics add a sexy-drunk vibe to it, imo.

I'm going to go out on a limb (which is what I call my penis) and say this is why

ladyUgagaUassU02.jpg

i wouldn't touch her with a bargepole!

i like the vocals, and the track. vocals and lyrics add a sexy-drunk vibe to it, imo.

ladyUgagaUassU02.jpg

Is that because simply you have no such quant pole available, or are you saying she might have cooties?

Because everyone on TV has cooties, it's just a given.

ladyUgagaUassU02.jpg

Is that because simply you have no such quant pole available, or are you saying she might have cooties?

Because everyone on TV has cooties, it's just a given.

what's a quant pole? lol

ps. yeah i'm saying G*ga is 'trash'.

it's a bargepole.

I grew up around boats, sozzy. "quant" just sounds appropriately sexual.

All of this is moot since I'm married to the sea.

well, if you're gonna include the knife, here are a couple of suggestions:

school of seven bells

goldfrapp

tiga

fischerspooner

they're not pop, but they're more accessible electronic music with vocals. i guess that's what you're looking for?

edit: sviib is actually dream pop, not electronic.

Archived