IGNORED

I'll say it...

OneToThirtySix

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realized this after moonchild pointed out that The Island Pt. I would make a good mash-up with Bad Romance. I found it on youtube, and liked it, but I'm not fond of Lady Gaga. It made me realize I'm not a purist of any genre of electronic music, and I like pop influences.

All the responses so far are very different standards of "electronic pop" imo...maybe it's just me though but Matthew Dear, Postal Service, Death In Vegas, and Pendulum seem like different scenes/vibes and levels of mass popular appeal. Albeit I can see Dear and Postal Service being similar.

Also, I actually think Gwen Stefani hits are decent, she was putting out singles that Gaga, Katy Perry, Niki Minaj, and fuck even M.I.A. have more or less aped recently. I'm not even trolling.

What about Basement Jaxx, Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Daft Punk? Beyond 80s one-hit wonders and all of the electronic tinged Top40 now, they're what I immediately thought of, and those artists are how I honestly got into electronic music way back when I was a unknowledgable teen...

Pendulum is pop?!

What would you call it? It sounds like updated 80s synthpop to me, maybe with an alternative edge, but obvious pop influences.

pendulum is drum n bass... at least, their first album is. their subsequent ones are some weird electronic-alt-rock hybrid. definitely not pop.

Pendulum is pop?!

What would you call it? It sounds like updated 80s synthpop to me, maybe with an alternative edge, but obvious pop influences.

pendulum is drum n bass... at least, their first album is. their subsequent ones are some weird electronic-alt-rock hybrid. definitely not pop.

I dunno, pop song structures, autotuned vocals, lame mixed symbolic/performance video clips.. Sounds like pop to me. No amount of shitty metal guitar riffs or stereotypical dnb beats can make it any different.

Pendulum is pop?!

I dunno, pop song structures, autotuned vocals, lame mixed symbolic/performance video clips.. Sounds like pop to me. No amount of shitty metal guitar riffs or stereotypical dnb beats can make it any different.

Fucking THANK YOU.

Pendulum is pop?!

i only have their first album. when i hear pendulum, i think of music like this:

[youtubehd]FRlYkosryBE[/youtubehd]

which may be shitty commercial dnb, but it's not pop ffs.

Archived