IGNORED

Adventure Time and acid music.

Guest ansgaria

Guest ansgaria

So. I've been watching Adventure Time lately and I'm absolutely loving it. The music (not necessarily their duets and what not) strikes me as pretty great. One episode in particular.

"The Belly of the Beast" (from season two) features a group of bears partying to some slick music. This clip shows some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IydyhmQWzWc

There's some acid-y stuff at around 0.40.

Anybody know where it's from?

I sort of hope it's Casey James Basichis' own original stuff (the series main music guy), yet it seems as if he's only made the music for a handful of episodes according the IMDB, not including "Belly of the Beast".

So. Adventure Time. Acid. Pretty awesome.

I really need to watch more of this show.

I have to be honest, I don't find it funny in the slightest, but I absolutely adore the visual style, the atmosphere... the spirit of the show... it's amazing, and yeah... the music is definitely a big part of that.

I'm not a big fan of the whole acid genre but I do like the music you pointed out from this clip :)

Guest ansgaria

I have to be honest, I don't find it funny in the slightest, but I absolutely adore the visual style, the atmosphere... the spirit of the show... it's amazing, and yeah... the music is definitely a big part of that.

I can understand why some people don't find it funny. I, for one, absolutely adore it. It's just not a children's show. I really don't think so. But I wish I had something similar to watch when I were watching Cartoon Network. Nostalgia flip.

Casey James Basichis does all the music

Well, in that case I salute the guy. I especially love the music for the episode introductions.

So. I've been watching Adventure Time lately and I'm absolutely loving it. The music (not necessarily their duets and what not) strikes me as pretty great. One episode in particular.

"The Belly of the Beast" (from season two) features a group of bears partying to some slick music. This clip shows some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IydyhmQWzWc

There's some acid-y stuff at around 0.40.

I posted this exact clip a few weeks ago! Sounds kinda like juke/footwork to me. I find it great that a kids show has better electronic music than, well, what's being nominated for Grammy's.

I can understand why some people don't find it funny. I, for one, absolutely adore it. It's just not a children's show. I really don't think so. But I wish I had something similar to watch when I were watching Cartoon Network. Nostalgia flip.

Those people need to fucking lighten up. Or light one up. It's a beautiful and cute show with just enough absurdity to draw in adults. This and Regular Show (which I love) come on before Adult Swim (which is mostly not kid friendly) but after the more "normal" programming. It's like for middle school aged kids. I'll let my kids watch both. There were just as kids show with subtle adult humor which I watched when I was young: Ren & Stimpy (which I'll admit was quite out there), Rocko's Modern Life (loaded with sexual references), and there was even a Rugrats episode I caught that alluded to The Warriors. Spongebob Squarepants actually stepped up the implied gay relationship between two characters just to piss off right-wing christians who complained about the show. Regular Show actually uses the word "pissed off" a lot, which I found kinda surprising. It's funny knowing me, stoners, and 12 year olds are all huge fans of the same programming. One kid quoted Regular Show in public (I was at a baseball game) and my wife and I almost said the next line out loud, but realizing it'd be awkward for the parent to respond to, we stopped ourselves.

I remember seeing an Adventure time episode, where Princess Bubblegum was looking something up in a book, and it showed a page strangely numbered 5318008

If you type that number in a calculator and turn it upside down, it spells 'boobies'

sneaky Pendleton

I remember seeing an Adventure time episode, where Princess Bubblegum was looking something up in a book, and it showed a page strangely numbered 5318008

If you type that number in a calculator and turn it upside down, it spells 'boobies'

sneaky Pendleton

^

Pendleton_Ward.jpg

reminds me of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bMQTU2iI1E

sneaky Pendleton

^

Pendleton_Ward.jpg

Also, he does the voice for Lumpy Space Princess.

Most awesomest guy ever.

I was hoping that the "belly of the beast" vid was at least 15 seconds longer because I wanted to hear Finn yell "WHAT!" with a simultaneous Hoover sound! my favorite part of that whole episode.

I love this show, but I'm a Regular Show guy myself.

I think this can be of interest if you like Adventure Time music :

http://lapfox.bandcamp.com/track/you-got-curves-she-got-curves

The guy asked Pendleton Ward (creator of Adventure Time) to name his album, and he got a picture of Finn farting :)

The rest of the album is pretty meh, but this song is pretty cool.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's probably the best animated series to come out of America in the last 10 years (along with Avatar)... I just don't find it very funny. I thought the short was hilarious though.

But I love it, I think it's fantastic, I love how creative and imaginative it is. It's like they just reached into my brain... when I was 12... took some ideas... made them awesome, and then animated them.

• 4 weeks later...

I know I'm a little off topic since I'm talking Regular Show... But the "Techno Viking" made a small appearance on the show.

tumblr_lptn29BTy41qh4d8fo1_500.png

I know I'm a little off topic since I'm talking Regular Show... But the "Techno Viking" made a small appearance on the show.

tumblr_lptn29BTy41qh4d8fo1_500.png

YES! and Antoine Dodson as well! Fuck, I need to catch up with this show soooo badly. Haven't been on top of it since I dropped cable.

• 2 months later...

Bump, because I was going to start a topic about this. Seriously, there's some badass music in this show; I really want some of it. It sounds like the music from Cartoon Network's bumps on Adult Swim. Like stuff from Ghostly International.

• 3 months later...

Archived