IGNORED

VLC 2.0 released

chenGOD

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone using mplayerx? sometimes VLC gets choppy for me or loses keyframes and gets all glitchy, mplayerx seems to have better buffering... when watching 1080p over LAN for instance... and it has pretty good keyboard shortcuts for adjusting subtitles and stuff like that.. give it a spin if you have trouble with VLC

http://mplayerx.org/

I'm re-watching cowboy bebop, and the fansub i have are ogm files in 4:3 aspect ratio. QT is like WTF? and VLC is "how may i service you master?"

But Cowboy Bebop is one of the only animes where the English dub is actually superior to the Japanese!

VLC would be the best if it wasn't for the retarded interface, which is so typical to these open-source programs like Gimp and even FF which is only usable after you install an assload of extensions which make it even slower than it already is.

you know you can customise the interface directly from within VLC, right? without the need for any extenstions at all?

oh what's that? yes, you are talking out of your arse.

Guest Enter a new display name

VLC would be the best if it wasn't for the retarded interface, which is so typical to these open-source programs like Gimp and even FF which is only usable after you install an assload of extensions which make it even slower than it already is.

you know you can customise the interface directly from within VLC, right? without the need for any extenstions at all?

photo-2241.jpg

I know and I have done that but my issue is more about the menus, preferences and some of the customization which on some things goes beyond necessary, while basic stuff like pausing the video by pressing the middle mouse button on the main window you can't do.

The only thing I like about VLC is that I can play ISO's without having to mess with virtual drives and it also can play compressed files (RAR).

autopilot - um no. but opinions and all that.

If I was on windows I'd actually probably use Gomplayer, but since Koreans don't know how to program for Macs that option is unavailable.

what's the media player classic analog for interweb browser then ? i use firefox :emotawesomepm9:

Chrome. And Media Player Classic is like foobar2000 while VLC is like iTunes.

with iTunes i can directly stream my library to my iPad, walk through my manor, and plug it to my super so!nd system located in my living room (and I don't need to tweak a VLC server for countless hours). VLC, Media Player Classic, etc is a better solution, for sure … when you're poor

Sinon tjrs ? J'étais sur le point de, mais j'ai "rompu" parceque ca me cassait les couilles (et que sa présence me foutait une douleur incroyablement génante au niveau des testicules/prostate)

I know and I have done that but my issue is more about the menus, preferences and some of the customization which on some things goes beyond necessary, while basic stuff like pausing the video by pressing the middle mouse button on the main window you can't do.

The only thing I like about VLC is that I can play ISO's without having to mess with virtual drives and it also can play compressed files (RAR).

"basic stuff like pausing the video by pressing the middle mouse button on the main window"

what? I've never heard of that, ever. is it so hard to press your space bar?

thanks for the heads up on the new version. it looks a bit different, any new features that stand out ?

Well straight away obviously on mac the single window interface to make it more familiar for iTunes users is quite nice. (preemptive strike, I am not saying this is the best way to do things, or the only way, I am saying that since us poor uncomplicated iTunes users can only handle one window, to continue the paradigm in VLC makes sense for them if they want to increase their market share in the Mac user demographic).

Otherwise, I haven't played around with it enough to figure it out. Looks like playlists are a bit more streamlined.

also lol at "pressing the middle mouse button to pause the video".

this is a serious argument though. Some people use their computer to watch movies (from a couch or a bed), and if they have a wireless mouse, this feature comes in handy. I assume scrolling back and forth should allow you to travel through the movie then.

this is a serious argument though. Some people use their computer to watch movies (from a couch or a bed), and if they have a wireless mouse, this feature comes in handy. I assume scrolling back and forth should allow you to travel through the movie then.

scrolling back and forth changes the volume in VLC.

again, as for pausing a film using the middle mouse button - i've never heard of that. and if you're using a wireless mouse to control the film, why not just move the cursor to the pause button? lol

Guest disparaissant

i upgraded

it's exactly like vlc 1.1.11 which is what i was using before

except the search bar doesn't look like a windows me reject

*shrug*

Guest bitroast

I've ranted about this in another thread, but lion osx has this weird setup where fullscreening an app will automatically bring the app back to first monitor and blank out the second monitor with grey cross hatched material.

The upgraded VLC has this bullshit setup.

I understand this is more a osx issue, but for time being I'll be reverting back to pre-2.0 VLC :(

I've had to downgrade back to 1.1.9 because when pausing video and then restarting, it loses audio/video sync (this is most noticable if you have to pause the video a few times during a viewing session).

"basic stuff like pausing the video by pressing the middle mouse button on the main window"

what? I've never heard of that, ever. is it so hard to press your space bar?

Because it's more convenient, even YouTube has that feature, on MPC HC, GomPlayer... you can set what mouse button to use the play/pause feature, I just prefer the middle button. VLC can't do that, you have to press Space or move the cursor to the Pause button, you can't pause it by clicking on the video window.

Archived