IGNORED

DJing

YEK

Well... what do you guys think of DJing in like... 10 years? With all the digital stuff coming up, sampling and mashing tracks up on the fly, long effect chains... the gap between a live performance and traditional DJing will get smaller and smaller I guess.

Furthermore, who is excited about the new Behringer contoll line? They look so tasty, so still, its Behringer.

Well... what do you guys think of DJing in like... 10 years? With all the digital stuff coming up, sampling and mashing tracks up on the fly, long effect chains... the gap between a live performance and traditional DJing will get smaller and smaller I guess.

Furthermore, who is excited about the new Behringer contoll line? They look so tasty, so still, its Behringer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaiRLpuwDZ0

Who knows where DJing / live performance will be in the future. We tend to think of the technology of now being expanded upon in the future but they'll probably be technology we can't even imagine doing things we can't possible yet know. Who know maybe in the future the DJing will control other things as well as sound? I think a guy whose always been on the cusp of DJing / live performance is Tim Exile.

in the future, you will be able to DJ from some kind of special panel in your wrist with speakers built into your ears and a chip in your brain so you just have to think of any track ever made or make one up on the spot and then mix it with you mind.

I actually really miss having a pair of decks at my disposal. Mixing vinyl is still the funnest shit evar. Really can't be beat by anything digital.

i think you're right but i've never tried cd decks soooooo...

coming from the USA, this whole fad of everyone and their mom being a 'dj' is getting quite old. I know of people who so the stupidest and shittiest mashups that have thousands of plays on their soundclouds, when all they did was fuck up a few songs in a DAW and mix em together...

Serrato and tables is the furthest I will ever venture away from tables and an old vestax mixer, only because I don't own everything I want to mix on wax. I love a good mix, but I really don't like seeing people use CDJ's or those little two oreo cookie plastic mixer things, it just seems like they are playing DJ hero to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaiRLpuwDZ0

It's just a normal DJ software running on a huge touchscreen... I was more thinking of stuff like that:

I love a good mix, but I really don't like seeing people use CDJ's or those little two oreo cookie plastic mixer things, it just seems like they are playing DJ hero to me...

Yeah over all you are right, but I really hate this stereotype, that all DJs using software and controllers are playing DJ hero... of course, a lot of them are doing, but some are really doing their thing, regardless of traditionell ways to DJ. And I like that a lot.

Archived