IGNORED

have you ever felt so alone, and you just want to cry

dls

no. when you die it's just you, dirt and worms.

:biggrin:

If reality is just a product of electrical impulses transmitting and firing via nerves and synapses what exactly is our consciousness derived from? Whose's to say the abstragctness that is our consciousnesses doesn't remain in some abstract place?

have you ever blacked out or slept without dreaming?

it'll probably be like that. forever. not that forever means anything to a dead person...

well even Einstein said that energy (in any form) cannot be killed or destroyed.

so......... i'd like to think our energy, whatever that may be, goes, or at least does something,

that us monkeys are not yet aware of, after body death.

but continuous life after death as yourself in some weird way, even in a parallel dimension, i am completely sceptical of.

what exactly is "our energy"? the electrical activity in our brains?

they fizzle out, like a dying fire. how boc :cerious:

show me...... exactly how it happens.....

take a physiology class?

Take a physics class.

It's called charge conservation.

http://en.wikipedia....ge_conservation

• "The net quantity of electric charge, the amount of positive charge minus the amount of negative charge in the universe, is always conserved. The first written statement of the principle was by American scientist and statesman Benjamin Franklin in 1747.[1]"

Charge is only passed on from one object to another. It is never destroyed or "fizzles out".

yes, i understand. i mean that the electrical charge isn't transferred to anything meaningful, like an afterlife. it just goes back into the environment, just like your corpse.

Hard to tell. When that charge re-iterates itself into something new, over the course of time... isn't the old still part of it, in a way??

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always new batteries never die! They just reincarnate somewhere in the universe! Woah!

I don't remember your old avatar so you sound like you're roleplaying a new one, and you sound like a faggot.

Good to see you've got nothing to add as well, faggot.

At least I stick to something.

Yeah, it's obvious you're sticking to something alright.

@chen: last post

thing learned in thread: moonchild is a serial killer.

you're an idiot. complete and utter, i diot.

:blush:

i didn't mean that. :)

*bro hug*

I always new batteries never die! They just reincarnate somewhere in the universe! Woah!

I don't remember your old avatar so you sound like you're roleplaying a new one, and you sound like a faggot.

fucks sake. people still use the word faggot ?? :lol:

fucks sake. people still use the word faggot ?? :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(food) ??

alright you two faggots - get a room for that kind of talk.

Teacher, he replied later than me. But i'm not mad.

if you two were in my class I'd beat you with a strap.

Shit that sounds gay.

I'd correct your attitudes with penetrating insights.

dammit.

Oh fuck it, we'd all just wolf out in a corner while listening to Steinvord

alright you two faggots - get a room for that kind of talk.

Teacher, he replied later than me. But i'm not mad.

if you two were in my class I'd beat you with a strap.

Shit that sounds gay.

I'd correct your attitudes with penetrating insights.

dammit.

Oh fuck it, we'd all just wolf out in a corner while listening to Steinvord

penetrating insights.. good one

lol, i am NOT a serial killer, i worked in nursing homes for about 6 years total... then in the hospital for another three. i have seen a lot of people die. it's not my fault...

a perfect cover story.

lol

In fact, your body is changing it's net electric charge all day. It shifts it's electric charge on both the macro and micro scale so that essentially you don't pass through the solid objects you're touching.

If your ambient charge was high enough, you could put your finger in an electric socket and not get shocked. If it was low enough, you wouldn't have enough charge to oppose the charge of solid objects and they would pass through you. This is the basic concept of electronegativity/electropositivity (having protons/electrons to take/donate), and has a lot to do with ionization on the chemical level.

The idea here is that your ambient charge is passed on to other objects, and you return to the universe. What made you, cumulatively (since it all has a charge) becomes part of the surroundings until it is reiterated in another form whether that's a cat, dirt, a star, etc.

This isn't magic or religion, this is physics.

Testify!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! brother Steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

thank God ;)

lol

watmm is turning emo :cerious:

no. it's getting interesting for once! :P

life is only meaningless when the self exists. without a self there is no need to 'strive for meaning' - meaning merely exists, as does existence. that's the path i'm headed. when i think there is a 'me' experiencing 'reality' and the two are separate things, that's when i feel utterly isolated and completely alone, because that is what that model inevitably must lead to.

How is it possible to not have a self? Accepting your existence as a part of a greater whole is awareness but not notion of purpose or meaning, unless you accept that there is a role in it for you, and for the self in you.

get drunk or high all the time, then you won't feel your self ;P

and you will just do, and work on instincts and insights. like we all used to.

before people had to live in this controlled hell, for money.

but please be careful when crossing the street if you do adopt this lifestyle. :)

In fact, your body is changing it's net electric charge all day. It shifts it's electric charge on both the macro and micro scale so that essentially you don't pass through the solid objects you're touching.

If your ambient charge was high enough, you could put your finger in an electric socket and not get shocked. If it was low enough, you wouldn't have enough charge to oppose the charge of solid objects and they would pass through you. This is the basic concept of electronegativity/electropositivity (having protons/electrons to take/donate), and has a lot to do with ionization on the chemical level.

The idea here is that your ambient charge is passed on to other objects, and you return to the universe. What made you, cumulatively (since it all has a charge) becomes part of the surroundings until it is reiterated in another form whether that's a cat, dirt, a star, etc.

This isn't magic or religion, this is physics.

Testify!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! brother Steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

thank God ;)

lol

watmm is turning emo :cerious:

no. it's getting interesting for once! :P

=)

If reality is just a product of electrical impulses transmitting and firing via nerves and synapses what exactly is our consciousness derived from? Whose's to say the abstragctness that is our consciousnesses doesn't remain in some abstract place?

it'll probably be like that. forever. not that forever means anything to a dead person...

well even Einstein said that energy (in any form) cannot be killed or destroyed.

so......... i'd like to think our energy, whatever that may be, goes, or at least does something,

but continuous life after death as yourself in some weird way, even in a parallel dimension, i am completely sceptical of.

take a physiology class?

Take a physics class.

• "The net quantity of electric charge, the amount of positive charge minus the amount of negative charge in the universe, is always conserved. The first written statement of the principle was by American scientist and statesman Benjamin Franklin in 1747.[1]"

Charge is only passed on from one object to another. It is never destroyed or "fizzles out".

yes, i understand. i mean that the electrical charge isn't transferred to anything meaningful, like an afterlife. it just goes back into the environment, just like your corpse.

Hard to tell. When that charge re-iterates itself into something new, over the course of time... isn't the old still part of it, in a way??

i'm just quoting this so it'll be a big assed quote nawmean

take a physiology class?

Take a physics class.

i'm just quoting this so it'll be a big assed quote nawmean

I know whatchoo mean.

Archived