IGNORED

have you ever felt so alone, and you just want to cry

dls

Guest moonchild

lol, i am NOT a serial killer, i worked in nursing homes for about 6 years total... then in the hospital for another three. i have seen a lot of people die. it's not my fault...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, i am NOT a serial killer, i worked in nursing homes for about 6 years total... then in the hospital for another three. i have seen a lot of people die. it's not my fault...

how do you know it's not your fault?

maybe you're cursed.

thing learned in thread: moonchild is a serial killer.

you're an idiot. complete and utter, i diot.

:blush:

a perfect cover story.

no. when you die it's just you, dirt and worms.

:biggrin:

If reality is just a product of electrical impulses transmitting and firing via nerves and synapses what exactly is our consciousness derived from? Whose's to say the abstractness that is our consciousnesses doesn't remain in some abstract place?

have you ever blacked out or slept without dreaming?

it'll probably be like that. forever. not that forever means anything to a dead person...

well even Einstein said that energy (in any form) cannot be killed or destroyed.

so......... i'd like to think our energy, whatever that may be, goes, or at least does something,

that us monkeys are not yet aware of, after body death.

but continuous life after death as yourself in some weird way, even in a parallel dimension, i am completely sceptical of.

what exactly is "our energy"? the electrical activity in our brains?

they fizzle out, like a dying fire. how boc :cerious:

show me...... exactly how it happens.....

take a physiology class?

Take a physics class.

It's called charge conservation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_conservation

Charge is only passed on from one object to another. It is never destroyed or "fizzles out".

In fact, your body is changing it's net electric charge all day. It shifts it's electric charge on both the macro and micro scale so that essentially you don't pass through the solid objects you're touching.

If your ambient charge was high enough, you could put your finger in an electric socket and not get shocked. If it was low enough, you wouldn't have enough charge to oppose the charge of solid objects and they would pass through you. This is the basic concept of electronegativity/electropositivity (having protons/electrons to take/donate), and has a lot to do with ionization on the chemical level.

The idea here is that your ambient charge is passed on to other objects, and you return to the universe. What made you, cumulatively (since it all has a charge) becomes part of the surroundings until it is reiterated in another form whether that's a cat, dirt, a star, etc.

This isn't magic or religion, this is physics.

but the thing is...... you have to let time takes it's toll and when death happens he will be there

the movie city of angels kind of makes me think... can i bring music and my family with me when it's my time. and friends. i just hope we'll all be together

Scary Monsters & the Son & the Holy Spirit

Coming Fall 2012

this was quite good.

hey sonny can you respond to this so I can tell my wastrels-for-friends that skrillex said something to me

Guest kokeboka

Our bodies, our brains and our minds are vessels for our genes' survival and dissemination. When you die your purpose in life is fulfilled if you leave behind offspring capable of surviving - you don't really die, since your genes will carry on. What dies out is your body, your genes' means to achieving its' goal. If you look at it that way, death is very much like replacing something obsolete with an improved version of itself. That's how Richard Dawkins sees it, anyway.

life is only meaningless when the self exists. without a self there is no need to 'strive for meaning' - meaning merely exists, as does existence. that's the path i'm headed. when i think there is a 'me' experiencing 'reality' and the two are separate things, that's when i feel utterly isolated and completely alone, because that is what that model inevitably must lead to.

life is only meaningless when the self exists. without a self there is no need to 'strive for meaning' - meaning merely exists, as does existence. that's the path i'm headed. when i think there is a 'me' experiencing 'reality' and the two are separate things, that's when i feel utterly isolated and completely alone, because that is what that model inevitably must lead to.

Wisdom. Just as your heart beats and you grow without thinking about it, the universe grows a human. You are the universe.

I really like how alan watts put it; it happened this time, it will happen again, and you need to have an "off" to know your "on".

Guest kokeboka

How is it possible to not have a self? Accepting your existence as a part of a greater whole is awareness but not notion of purpose or meaning, unless you accept that there is a role in it for you, and for the self in you.

i haven't cried once in over 12 years. the thought of me crying just feels totally foreign to me now. even at funerals (i've been to 2 since) i just won't let myself do it. can't be healthy. anyway god is a human construct etc etc wubwubwub.

no. when you die it's just you, dirt and worms.

:biggrin:

If reality is just a product of electrical impulses transmitting and firing via nerves and synapses what exactly is our consciousness derived from? Whose's to say the abstragctness that is our consciousnesses doesn't remain in some abstract place?

have you ever blacked out or slept without dreaming?

it'll probably be like that. forever. not that forever means anything to a dead person...

well even Einstein said that energy (in any form) cannot be killed or destroyed.

so......... i'd like to think our energy, whatever that may be, goes, or at least does something,

that us monkeys are not yet aware of, after body death.

but continuous life after death as yourself in some weird way, even in a parallel dimension, i am completely sceptical of.

what exactly is "our energy"? the electrical activity in our brains?

they fizzle out, like a dying fire. how boc :cerious:

show me...... exactly how it happens.....

take a physiology class?

Take a physics class.

It's called charge conservation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_conservation

Charge is only passed on from one object to another. It is never destroyed or "fizzles out".

yes, i understand. i mean that the electrical charge isn't transferred to anything meaningful, like an afterlife. it just goes back into the environment, just like your corpse.

I always new batteries never die! They just reincarnate somewhere in the universe! Woah!

I don't remember your old avatar so you sound like you're roleplaying a new one, and you sound like a faggot.

I always new batteries never die! They just reincarnate somewhere in the universe! Woah!

I don't remember your old avatar so you sound like you're roleplaying a new one, and you sound like a faggot.

Good to see you've got nothing to add as well, faggot.

Good to see you've got nothing to add as well, faggot.

At least I stick to something.

Archived