IGNORED

0x10c

Lucas

http://0x10c.com/

A New Game

Hi, I'm Notch, and this is my new game. It's going to be a space game, and it's quite ambitious!

The game is still extremely early in development, but like we did with Minecraft, we expect to release it early and let the players help me shape the game as it grows.

The cost of the game is still undecided, but it's likely there will be a monthly fee for joining the Multiverse as we are going to emulate all computers and physics even when players aren't logged in. Single player won't have any recurring fees.

Backstory and Setting

In a parallel universe where the space race never ended, space travel was gaining popularity amongst corporations and rich individuals.

In 1988, a brand new deep sleep cell was released, compatible with all popular 16 bit computers. Unfortunately, it used big endian, whereas the DCPU-16 specifications called for little endian. This led to a severe bug in the included drivers, causing a requested sleep of 0x0000 0000 0000 0001 years to last for 0x0001 0000 0000 0000 years.

It's now the year 281 474 976 712 644 AD, and the first lost people are starting to wake up to a universe on the brink of extinction, with all remote galaxies forever lost to red shift, star formation long since ended, and massive black holes dominating the galaxy.

Game Features

The game is still very early in development, but here is a list of things we hope to include:

• Hard science fiction.
  • Lots of engineering.
  • Fully working computer system.
  • Space battles against the AI or other players.
  • Abandoned ships full of loot.
  • Duct tape!
  • Seamlessly landing on planets.
  • Advanced economy system.
  • Random encounters.
  • Mining, trading, and looting.
  • Single and multi player connected via the multiverse.

The Generator and the Computer

Each ship has a generator capable of producing a fixed wattage, and everything you connect to it drains wattage. A cloaking field, for example, might require almost all the power from the generator, forcing you to turn off all computers and dim all lights in order to successfully cloak.

The computer in the game is a fully functioning emulated 16 bit CPU that can be used to control your entire ship, or just to play games on while waiting for a large mining operation to finish.

Full specifications of the CPU will be released shortly, so the more programatically advanced of you can get a head start.

Nothing much so far but I'm already excited about that. Probably too soon for posting but speculation isn't that bad right ?

I think the concept has potential. The programmable ships are pretty interesting, I always thought Eve Online should have had some kind of programming API.

I would like to see more space games with a different angle from the ones we've had so far. Something like Kerbal Space Program with more detail, ship building features and a complete universe would be amazing.

eh, i like how visceral minecraft is (or was, before redstone and spells and shit)—this sounds super procedural and boring, but it'll probably be super successful anyway, so more power to em.

dunno, he's probably aiming for maximum customization potential.. thinking eve-online but much more nerdier. think custom spaceship factories, in game software companies, AI controlled space fleets, oh yeah..

Guest disparaissant

i love the idea, the back story and whatnot. but i dunno, the 16 bit cpu thing just seems way too dorky.

Guest Pennywise

I dont understand what this is about. I, uh, like minecraft though

there's a penis in your avatar

This sounds pretty sweet. I never did get into Minecraft, but I'll definitely be following this one. My lady is going to shit bricks though. She's a huge Notch fangirl.

Guest Babar

I installed a tekkit server (a mod of bukkit bundled with cool mods such as industrial craft Redpower stuff etc...) (bukkit being a homebrewed minecraft server). Tekkit needs a special client as well. I have to admit I'm a bit overhelmed with the insanely insane amount of new blocks it comes with.

But there is one very cool feature :

C O M P U T E R C R A F T

XG6L0.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYVmooRe4n0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_L8RE26twM

this raise minecraft to whole new level of madness With this mod and other mods bundled in Tekkit you can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MukQNo2qyFI&feature=related

wanna test this ?

fuPENISntain.zPENISapto.orPENISg (it's not always up) (don't forget to remove any occurrence of PENIS that might occur in this url)

Archived