IGNORED

Tribute Album to Incomplete Skyscrapers

Root5

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this thread should be unpinned, it's going to get ignored if it isn't.

Yeah... If the Squarepusher comp topic is any indication then this should probably be unpinned and/or moved to Gen Ban just so people are aware of the deadline and such.

I've got a start on my tune. Currently three versions on the go - an ambient mix, a beat-driven mix, & an all-acoustic version

Kinda I want to submit the acoustic version because that would be next level iddums

Download full length flac, and free Tribute to Antarctica here on a dedicated server =D

http://katiekilobyte.kaen.org/Electronic_Tribute_To_Antarctica%28flac%29.rar

repost but...

In all seriousness (Hello I'm back from my sabbatical and plan to kinda stay gone). Anyway, Root is good people and I have confidence he'll put this thing off the right way. I look forward to hearing it.

I'm currently uploading the 256,320, and FLAC versions of The Antarctica Tribute, which I shall post here in this thread when they are ready.

Good luck everyone! You should get that guy that was around a while ago to master it if he still does that stuff, having so many different tunes, at different levels and styles means mastering can really pull the whole ting together qute nicely. We spent about 4 days mastering Antarctica (then again it was 2 discs).

<3

Any of you that wanna stay in touch add me on facebook!

www.facebook.com/katiekilobyte

also add karakasa, record label records, and ribstep.

Actually, I do like radio-quality songs if it's something I would listen to with friends who aren't as into music, or at least not in the same way because it reminds me of fun times. Bands like Sublime or Nirvana. Or indie music my dad recorded off of internet radio that I would listen to growing up, like The Apples in Stereo or Grandaddy.

this thread should be unpinned, it's going to get ignored if it isn't.

I totally agree and even mentioned this on one of the first pages before it got pinned.

/unpinned

I've got one sorta earmarked as a contender at the moment, but I imagine it will probably end up like it did the previous two years where I just pick one of the dozens of tracks I'm working on at the moment that

A. sounds like the subject matter to me

B. is more or less complete feeling

Guest arbee

yes I did start something last night with the incomplete skyscrapers theme in mind... let's see where it goes !

You guys have already started? There's still over a month :shrug:

If I don't start early then I never will. I need to do a bit, have a break, do a bit more, keep re-listening etc.

I hate doing things last minute, although that approach may seem apt for this particular tribute.

You guys have already started? There's still over a month :shrug:

If I don't start early then I never will. I need to do a bit, have a break, do a bit more, keep re-listening etc.

I hate doing things last minute, although that approach may seem apt for this particular tribute.

:biggrin:

Hey everyone.

I've received some great contributions already. I'm expecting to receive most contributions on the last day, but I want to encourage people to get started now (if you haven't already) so that you can submit the best track you can! Don't leave this to the last minute.

Also, those sketches are great, slightlydriedbeans. The shapes in the second one seem more thematically appropriate, but I prefer the colours in the first one. Perhaps combining the the colours of the first and the shapes of the second? What does everyone else think?

Anyone else who has an idea for the cover art can post something in this thread, and we'll figure it out.

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

Just submitted my track. Hope they're good enough to get on the compilation, won't get my hopes up though as the quality of the tribute albums are usually amazing.

Also if people are still looking for inspiration, I found a cool story about a Russian gangster that designed and started building a wooden skyscraper whilst in prison for his friends to have sex in. The place looks and sounds like a death trap!

2121501468_b82fc0c246.jpg

Ya I agree with that. The first one was an accident playing with a scriptographer tool, and thought I'd keep it. It reminds me of a collapsed building.

That wooden building looks fucking amazing. Only in Russia, or maybe Texas, could you do something like that without getting shut down by the authorities. :D

Archived