IGNORED

Tribute Album to Incomplete Skyscrapers

Root5

Guest cult fiction

Submission submitted!

Started off not being that enthused about the subject, but when I started working on it the song came together pretty quickly... nice choice after all WATMM!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't recall if this was posted already, but are there limits on the submissions length; ie: too long, too short?

There are no rules about length. The only guideline is to write a track that the judges will pick. Having a variety of track lengths can be nice for an album, but obviously it's possible to make a track so long that it would completely break up the flow.

I don't recall if this was posted already, but are there limits on the submissions length; ie: too long, too short?

There are no rules about length. The only guideline is to write a track that the judges will pick. Having a variety of track lengths can be nice for an album, but obviously it's possible to make a track so long that it would completely break up the flow.

So basically don't pull a Perlence Subrange; got it ;)

ACK, I totally forgot about this! Luckily I like to just attack tracks until they're done, so i should be able to bang something out for it in the next couple weeks. Thanks to Goiter Sanchez for reminding me.

Guest arbee

mine started alright but now i just seem to be stuck with what I have in my hands... oh well, we'll see how it goes.

it's good to see some submissions already gone, though !!

Guest Enter a new display name

I heard the mysterious Dub Dylan might submit a track for this tribute album.

I have a nice poppy song I'm thinking of submitting but I'm hoping to come up with something darker & more industrialier in the time remaining

Why not submit both?

Guest Sprigg

Finally got my laptop mostly working again, gonna see if I can't poop something quality out in the next few days!

I notice that Fred applied Creative Commons Attribution/NonCommercial licenses to a couple of the older comps over on Archive.org (Black Holes, LHC) which strikes me as a brilliant idea because it means its OK to distribute them as long as proper credit is given. Which means they've got more chance of living on somewhere in years to come.

Root5 + everyone, would you consider applying a Creative Commons license to the Skyscrapers comp (or maybe applying it 6 months after release or something)? Seems like a good way to ensure its survival on the interwebs.

Mine should be completed this evening. Spent days making layer after layer of different instruments before accidentally hitting solo on one of the tracks and realised everything else I'd made apart from that one was superfluous ...

Archived