IGNORED

sriracha appreciation thread

kaini

I've been making sandwiches lately where I take mayo and Sriracha and combine them making a Sriracha Mayo Spread! I think it tasted best with the Fried Egg, Cheese, and Turkey Slices Sandwich!

I have done exactly this/wet my pants in delight at it

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another variation on the Sriracha/Mayo mix is to parboil (boil until not fully cooked through; a bit less than fork tender) fingerling or small red potatoes (skins on), drain and let cool and dry completely, then slightly smash them with the heel of your hand, just enough to break the skin in parts (but not fall apart). Then, have some oil heated to 350-375 F (about an inch deep, or a fryer if you have one) and after all are smashed a bit, drop them into the oil (make sure they are completely dry), and fry until the exposed potato parts turn a golden brown. Remove carefully with a strainer or slotted spoon (tongs will cause them to break) and drain and set aside. Then, take the Sriracha, mix with some mayo, olive oil, paprika (a pinch), and some coarse salt and pepper, mix until you have a nice dressing-like consistency (add olive oil to thin it out if you put too much mayo), and pour over the fried potatoes. Spicy and delicious!

Guest EleminoP

I've been putting this on way too much lately

7140826785_f562c99dba_z.jpg

I said goddamn

I actually just bought this on a whim yesterday. I look forward to using it.

So I think I found something nonsweet that isn't improved by Sriracha: Pad Thai. Thought I should point that out, as it was a pretty major discovery. Up until this point pretty much everything that wasn't cereal/dessert was improved by sriracha. I'm pretty certain pad thai is only improved by (additional) peanut sauce.

I've been putting this on way too much lately

7140826785_f562c99dba_z.jpg

I said goddamn

I actually just bought this on a whim yesterday. I look forward to using it.

It has vinegar, so expect a bit of that tanginess, but it also has quite a nice range of bright, fruity flavors. The first ingredient is naga jolokia! It's intense, but not really brutal about it. Start with a few small drops and wait a few seconds for it to kick in.

that meal looks pretty good. i can see smoked salmon and tinned crab amongst other things.

apparently your sense of taste is quite dulled in space because the zero g does weird things to your tastebuds, so astronauts tend to prefer spicy things.

Guest EleminoP

re: sriracha peas

they ARE but i do not understand why they cost twice as much as the more-than-half-as-delicious wasabi peas at the stores around here

i just cant justify the premium

I splurged on them recently. They're hella good.

• 2 weeks later...

last night, i did some math. home made ham & cheese "hot pockets" + huy fong sambal oelek paste * dr who marathon = amazon

weed may be required to make this equation work out right, i'm not sure if it was a vital ingredient or not. probably was.

ps: kaini, you have a reddit problem!

Archived