IGNORED

ok why so slow watmm?

jules

We should hold a bidding war when everyone bids on each thread, each winner takes the thread and all ownership of it.

Edit. Maybe I didn't explain enough, auction the threads then delete them off the server. And possibly think about the new database layout that Oracle are talking about. I forget the name. A single high power server with a separate db for meta etc.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just save the funny quotes thread and the Aphex Twin subforum.

That should be fine.

After the reboot, there should also be a "Which Headphones Are The Best" subforum for all the noobs who haven't read the rules yet.

Also, on that note, someone should improve the search function. I mean, really.

Also, on that note, someone should improve the search function. I mean, really.

poor search function is why I made ANOTHER headphones thread :sad:

sorryyy noob mistake

Trust me. You weren't the first.

Guest jasondonervan

Does WATMMs go to heaven?

Good WATMMs do, yes, Friendly Foil.

i say start afresh. delete all the threads and reboot.

I disagree. Would be the biggest cultural loss of the 21st century.

no, no it wouldn't. i think it's actually exactly what this forum needs. purge the fucker.

ALIEN%20Purge%20Screen.jpg

lot of threads in YLC with uploaded content and only 1 post...could clear all that out...

This is actually not a bad idea. There are sooooo many threads in there, and I honestly doubt anyone ever looks beyond page 3-5. If they even get that far. Most of the tracks in there have probably been taken down long ago anyway.

It's not the number of threads, but rather the number of posts per thread that have been slowing things down - as you can see, we closed and started up "Part II" versions of those popular threads so they run faster.

Archived