IGNORED

ok why so slow watmm?

jules

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it usually either works quickly or fails completely. Sometimes it'll take ages to establish a connection to the site, but then once it does establish a connection it goes fast.

mods - maybe the most recent pics and recent artwork thread need a restart too?

Having real problems loading the most recent pic thread in particular. Doesn't load at all on tapatalk.

aye it just took 11 secs for me to load.

ps. my cache is cleared, using chrome.

random server issues, i'm looking into it.

what is "looking into it" exactly? Clearing the cache?

It is what it is... we're looking into it, and and when (and if) we have an answer we feel the need to share with you, we will.

I just had major downtime on WATMM for about four hours or so, couldn't access the site at all. It was getting pretty slow the other day too, but it seems to be coming back.

I've observed the slowdowns here both at work and home. It's intermittent and doesn't happen often. Some possibilities (I'm a professional software engineer FWIW):

* Could be large datasets that are intermittently accessed (or accessed frequently, but cached and only read from the database when the cache expires). This can cause long queries that lock up processes, which will block any further processes from being spawned. Meaning new requests coming in will time out until the queries finish. I see this a lot at work.

* Could be a bad code path that for whatever reason is consuming lots of process time, which has the same effect as the above

* Could be the interwebz, unlikely based if multiple people from different regions are experiencing the same symptoms at the same times

Happy to help out if desired.

These forced reboots are getting more common - I've added an iPhone app so when I get notified the site is down, I can reboot from the comfort of my [insert comfy place here].

Hopefully our VPS provider can get back to us regarding the repeated downtime events.

Ya know thats how they came up with the computer slang "bug" when talking about a technical problem. This lady who invented the computer chip I think, was having problems with the main CPU, so they dug around in that thing for a few days and found a mosquito eater or maybe a fly, I don't remember

Ya know thats how they came up with the computer slang "bug" when talking about a technical problem. This lady who invented the computer chip I think, was having problems with the main CPU, so they dug around in that thing for a few days and found a mosquito eater or maybe a fly, I don't remember

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Hopper

Archived