IGNORED

BLOC cancelled.

Friendly Foil

I'll be ringing my friendly bank manager tomorrow to try one of these 'chargebacks'. It wouldn't be a problem if I paid on a credit card but cause I paid on debit, it may be harder.

From what I understand the bank can try and claim back your payment as long as it's not more than, say, 150 days past the first point you know about the fuck up, which was Sunday I think.

So even if you paid for tickets earlier, mine was 11th March, you can still try and make the claim.

I hope this works.....

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I paid using Visa Debit and HSBC have refused me twice now today. They also gave me a phoney email address to contact. I'm going back to my branch tomorrow and will try to speak to someone there rather than over the phone - the branch simply directed me to the phone today. If a visit to the branch fails I'm going up to Citizens Advice and asking them what the fuck I can do.

I paid using Visa Debit and HSBC have refused me twice now today. They also gave me a phoney email address to contact. I'm going back to my branch tomorrow and will try to speak to someone there rather than over the phone - the branch simply directed me to the phone today. If a visit to the branch fails I'm going up to Citizens Advice and asking them what the fuck I can do.

If they still refuse to help I suggest you make a complaint to the final ombusman. http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Just spoke to Natwest, they're sending me out a form which I fill in and send back with payment confirmation from Bloc. Hopefully that'll get sorted within a couple of weeks apparantly.

oh lawdie lawdy...more bad news it seems, or rather - more incomprehensible big fancy business talk

see their website for 2 new documents they have put up to view: http://www.blocweekend.com/

...........While the Company is in Administration, it is beyond my duties to agree or pay unsecured creditors’ claims.

Therefore, in order to avoid incurring unnecessary costs, it is not intended to respond to routine queries,

including from individual ticket holders. However, further notices and reports to creditors will be available on

www.blocweekend.com and www.parkerandrews.co.uk.

bah

I faxed my claim to my bank a few days ago - they said hopefully no longer than 20 days... crossing the fingers now

Something I just posted on the Bloc Refunds facebook page in a stupid font:

Ok, here's a few things I learnt today:

-HSBC are claiming that they have been contacted by Parker Andrews saying that the police closed the event so therefore cannot carry out transaction disputes against Bloc/Blocshop/Base Logic

-Parker Andrews are claiming that they have sent absolutely NO communications to HSBC concerning Bloc in general, but also due to the below:

-HSBC are NOT the bank with which Bloc's accounts are/were held

Not only will I be going to BBC Watchdog, but I will also be going to the Financial Ombudsman, Financial Times and Financial Mail in the coming days. This is fraud of the highest level on almost everyone's part.

large raves/festivals had traditionally always been organised by let's say er, shady characters basically with one intention - make as much money as possible before the fucking thing gets shut down. the idea that anybody will be getting any money back from these people is laughable. they are, and always have been criminals.

Something I just posted on the Bloc Refunds facebook page in a stupid font:

Ok, here's a few things I learnt today:

-HSBC are claiming that they have been contacted by Parker Andrews saying that the police closed the event so therefore cannot carry out transaction disputes against Bloc/Blocshop/Base Logic

-Parker Andrews are claiming that they have sent absolutely NO communications to HSBC concerning Bloc in general, but also due to the below:

-HSBC are NOT the bank with which Bloc's accounts are/were held

Not only will I be going to BBC Watchdog, but I will also be going to the Financial Ombudsman, Financial Times and Financial Mail in the coming days. This is fraud of the highest level on almost everyone's part.

fair play, keep us updated.

My sister, who works for a rather large bank in one of their main offices, has advised me on a personal banking issue that is unrelated to the BLOC fiasco.

She has told me that the Financial Ombudsman won't even consider glancing at a case until it has gone through the banks' own grievance/complaints process.

large raves/festivals had traditionally always been organised by let's say er, shady characters basically with one intention - make as much money as possible before the fucking thing gets shut down. the idea that anybody will be getting any money back from these people is laughable. they are, and always have been criminals.

BCM is quite on point here, unfortunately.

lol. utter twaddle. i know the 2 blokes behind baselogic.

i'm sure you know a couple of sound people who aren't trying to rip anyone off and that's lovely. i know luke handsfree from plex and he's not trying to fuck anyone over either... unfortunately though a large amount of people in the large festival/rave business ARE very unscrupulous and do not actually care about the punters...been this way for years mate.

bloc have put on some awesome parties in the past, would really like to know the full story behind why it went so monumentally tits up this year. If it was solely down to the venue and the police then they wouldnt have volunteered to go down?

i'm sure you know a couple of sound people who aren't trying to rip anyone off and that's lovely. i know luke handsfree from plex and he's not trying to fuck anyone over either... unfortunately though a large amount of people in the large festival/rave business ARE very unscrupulous and do not actually care about the punters...been this way for years mate.

YES...The "couple of sound people" who just happen to run BLOC. I understand your point. You were just wrong to claim, in this situation, that they are criminals.

YES...The "couple of sound people" who just happen to run BLOC. I understand your point. You were just wrong to claim, in this situation, that they are criminals.

So they're not criminals they just...bit off way more than they could chew?

Seriously, there are some major shortcomings when the event was clearly mismanaged to the point where it has to be shut down due to health and safety concerns, then on top of that all of this administration bollocks, and the very clear prognosis that people who paid for tickets will be left short.

While what BCM has said does ring as true with me, we are no longer in the early 1990s - things are much more regulated these days, or at least you'd fucking think so. What has happened with BLOL2012 can only be described as a cluster fuck disaster. We're no longer in the days of buying tickets off that geezer in the pub, or calling a random telephone number to find out where the rave is going to be. Things were (at least supposed to be) organised.

People who have been left disappointed, and without recourse to get their money back for the BLOC tickets have, in my opinion, every right to be angry about what has happened.

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought I'd let anyone know who is involved. I sent a form off the other week with print offs of my ticket and the view of the Bloc site.

I didn't hear anything back but I've looked at my account and I've received the chargeback for the full amount. If you haven't applied for it yet, do it now!!!

I just thought I'd let anyone know who is involved. I sent a form off the other week with print offs of my ticket and the view of the Bloc site.

I didn't hear anything back but I've looked at my account and I've received the chargeback for the full amount. If you haven't applied for it yet, do it now!!!

whoa whoa whoa, slow down there, jimmy.

please explain your process! I faxed a letter of complaint to my bank applying for a charge back and detailing everything that had happened but have yet to hear anything, and that was 12th july.

what was this form you sent off?

Archived