IGNORED

MARS, BITCH.

kaini

Guest Eggylips

200,000 people watched the nasa stream live.....not sure if it was even televised, not much to see but they were getting a live feed of info, even 7 minutes behind... that, compared to 40 million watching the danny boyle olympic ceremony just made me a bit sad today really... that and a few peoples reaktions to it.

all the naysayers who naysay about spending that money on other things, yeah i could do with a bit, so could others, no one will ever stop wanting more, more food than that guy, more cars, more looks from women.... but i would gladly go a bit more hungry if i knew that someones doing a bit of exploration up there, for the sake of our species and all. Someone's mentioned the budget of nasa compared to national offence.... 0.5 % of a cent to nasa on every tax dollar. Think it was a rediculous number for the other.

also this is like the real human olympics because so many countries worked together even to put the parts together for the rockets to the camera lenses, a true team effort that's not some tribal game of who can run the fastest, swim the most, and jump high for their country. This was a 50 million mile javlin made by civilisation that had a 2k/m squared window to hit in the upper atmosphere of mars, surely that is the best sportsman feat made this week, maybe ever... as it's the most advance rover yet, even finding things they couldn't find with a manned mission to mars in 1974...

why the fuck is there a football section on this forum and not a science/space section?

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sirch

not just that, the guy is right in every word...

...except the words he couldn't spell.

and there was a "manned mission to mars in 1974" ?

200,000 people watched the nasa stream live.....not sure if it was even televised, not much to see but they were getting a live feed of info, even 7 minutes behind... that, compared to 40 million watching the danny boyle olympic ceremony just made me a bit sad today really... that and a few peoples reaktions to it.

all the naysayers who naysay about spending that money on other things, yeah i could do with a bit, so could others, no one will ever stop wanting more, more food than that guy, more cars, more looks from women.... but i would gladly go a bit more hungry if i knew that someones doing a bit of exploration up there, for the sake of our species and all. Someone's mentioned the budget of nasa compared to national offence.... 0.5 % of a cent to nasa on every tax dollar. Think it was a rediculous number for the other.

also this is like the real human olympics because so many countries worked together even to put the parts together for the rockets to the camera lenses, a true team effort that's not some tribal game of who can run the fastest, swim the most, and jump high for their country. This was a 50 million mile javlin made by civilisation that had a 2k/m squared window to hit in the upper atmosphere of mars, surely that is the best sportsman feat made this week, maybe ever... as it's the most advance rover yet, even finding things they couldn't find with a manned mission to mars in 1974...

why the fuck is there a football section on this forum and not a science/space section?

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

Guest Eggylips

well I think I spelled most right considering I'm speaking from the heart and not the flakey non quenchable itching ball sack like you..

reaktions was a high five to the reaktor crew,

so ending like a poem

fuck you

Until I can watch space exploration in HD and color on my giant home theater, I simply do not care. Not to mention getting some decent photography for my desktop background and smart phone wallpaper. Cause I'm pumped about this landing and seeing stuff on Mars. I've spent a lot of time waiting for this day, but its really been kind of lackluster so far. If they don't find aliens this time, what a complete waste of time for everyone.

Until I can watch space exploration in HD and color on my giant home theater, I simply do not care. Not to mention getting some decent photography for my desktop background and smart phone wallpaper. Cause I'm pumped about this landing and seeing stuff on Mars. I've spent a lot of time waiting for this day, but its really been kind of lackluster so far. If they don't find aliens this time, what a complete waste of time for everyone.

http://eyes.nasa.gov/launch2.html?scene=$SERVERURL/content/scenes/default.xml&interface=$SERVERURL/content/interface/default/default.xml

here's me last night / early this morning. lols.

[youtubehd]WTIthUvM6so[/youtubehd]

watching it live while messing about with that real-time simulation was pretty awesome though. :cat:

All the planets in our solar system are just Earth in different stages of evolution. For instance, Venus is Earth's past, and Mars is Earth's future. /woahdude

venus is the result of a greenhouse effect gone way, way out of control. so more like the future of earth if we continue to fuck up.

OAB.

ps - this is awesome, plz check it out http://eyes.nasa.gov/index.html

pps - i'm slow.

I love how everybody on facebook, twitter and reddit pretends to be excited about this, reminds me of 13 year old girls who wear fake glasses and call themselves nerds.

I love how everybody on facebook, twitter and reddit pretends to be excited about this, reminds me of 13 year old girls who wear fake glasses and call themselves nerds.

'

Sadly, I know girls in their mid-20s who still pull that contrived "I'm a geek" shit now.

I am so glad I watched the live stream. It felt like I was hanging out with all these awesome scientists. I sat there sippin gin and juice in a nasa spaceport coffee mug and experienced the wild ride of emotions with them. :cool:

Guest sirch

well I think I spelled most right considering I'm speaking from the heart and not the flakey non quenchable itching ball sack like you..

reaktions was a high five to the reaktor crew,

so ending like a poem

fuck you

lol

too bad your great scientific mind doesn't extend enough to use a spellchecker, pecker.

Guest sirch

lol

true dat!

waste of money. could've fixed all the world's problems for that... for more pictures of rocks 'n shit.

Guest Eggylips

lol

too bad your great scientific mind doesn't extend enough to use a spellchecker, pecker.

yeah sorry about that lol

truth is i wasn't in work, normally would run such scrutinized words into my spell check in outlook or word when in the lab where i work lol, but since at home can only spell check with a good beer and fine quilts, also those spell checks keeps swapping the s's to z's, or s' to zs...

so the mar'z barz arnt on me

I just don't understand why everyone pretends to be sooo excited abut this like they built the fucking rover themselves. I've read FB posts about people crying when they saw the thing land.

most of the time nobody gives a shit about space, mars, nasa or science but this one time mainstream news picks it up EVERYBODY all of the sudden is interested in science nasa mars.

The reasonable reaction should be "cool they landed a thing again, hope they find something interesting".

"OMG SCIENCE YEAH I CRIED WHEN I SAW THE FIRST PICTURES" is not a reasonable reaction.

I just don't understand why everyone pretends to be sooo excited abut this like they built the fucking rover themselves. I've read FB posts about people crying when they saw the thing land.

most of the time nobody gives a shit about space, mars, nasa or science but this one time mainstream news picks it up EVERYBODY all of the sudden is interested in science nasa mars.

The reasonable reaction should be "cool they landed a thing again, hope they find something interesting".

"OMG SCIENCE YEAH I CRIED WHEN I SAW THE FIRST PICTURES" is not a reasonable reaction.

Lol, so may people posting "THE FIRST PICTURES FROM MARS OMG!!"

Me: "The other rovers already took pics, these are the first from Curiosity."

Them, "Oh, well it's just so amazing!"

Guest sirch

word.

Archived