IGNORED

RIP Tony Scott

Rubin Farr

"Despite box office success, Tony Scott received little critical acclaim."

They literally just said this a second ago on the news.

And Fox News headline for this... " "Tony Scott had several blockbuster hits, but never matched brother Ridley Scott's critical success"

News Media is a bunch of sociopaths. ffs

If he really had terminal, inoperable brain cancer, as it sounds he did, then it was a pretty bold and uncompromising way to go out. Not sure how I'd feel with a terminal diagnosis that would affect my mind, but I'd like to think I might have the guts to do the same. Probably would prefer opiates tho.

had no idea this was Ridley Scott's brother, i thin it's pretty clear TOny had a more consistently good filmmaker ethos bone in his body. Ridley's track record is seriously pretty fucked, after he stopped doing amazing set design (bladerunner, alien) he just start making shit films constantly while his bro Tony was pumping out halfway decent and sometimes really good ones

I never loved any of Tony's movies (but I remember liking the Hunger and True Romance, should re-watch those), but he seemed like a pretty good and honest guy, and he seemed to have a lot of fun with his movies. RIP

Guest Mirezzi

had no idea this was Ridley Scott's brother, i thin it's pretty clear TOny had a more consistently good filmmaker ethos bone in his body. Ridley's track record is seriously pretty fucked, after he stopped doing amazing set design (bladerunner, alien) he just start making shit films constantly while his bro Tony was pumping out halfway decent and sometimes really good ones

WTF? You can't be serious, Robbie. lol...

His movies were shit. They were blockbuster, grin on your face shit, but shit nonetheless. Did he make even one truly GOOD, let alone great, movie?

Guest Mirezzi

Oh fine, let's all get nostalgic for Top Gun and The Last Boy Scout.

Hmm, I did quite like Crimson Tide. So sure, he made a few good ones.

My favorite opening credit sequence of all time...

Noone will ever be able to take away its brilliance from him, a fitting tribute to Tony Scott. And I forgot about The Last Boy Scout, ace film.

Archived