IGNORED

Novation MiniNova

Guest The Bro

Guest kokeboka

Yeah, pretty much. It also reminds me of my old Novation K-Station - another entry level VA synth with vocoder from yesteryear. It was fun for me to learn my way around a synth then; it's physically falling apart now, and the OS is shoddy.

I wasn't very impressed with the Ultranova, this seems like a stripped down version of it... The demo video also had a dollop of wob bass, which was an immediate turn off. Korg (and novation now) should abandon the minikey thing, they're such a bitch to play.

shite. stop making boring virtual analogs and pathetic microkorg copies and just make some real, proper analog synths again.

Guest kokeboka

stop making boring virtual analogs and pathetic microkorg copies and just make some real, proper analog synths again.

Amen.

Don't want to derail this thread into a different discussion, but I wouldn't spend 300 euros on a cheap VA synth if I can use that same amount to get a top of the line vst - unless said VA synth offers something unique. If a big manufacturer would refrain from cloning the mikrokorg and make an analogue clone of an MS20, a Mono/Poly or a Polivoks instead, they would hit a niche in a market saturated with entry level VA synths. But I guess there isn't enough money in it for them. Anyway, back to the mininova...

It also reminds me of my old Novation K-Station - another entry level VA synth with vocoder from yesteryear.

That was babby's first synth for me, too. More useful as a midi controller than anything else.

• 4 weeks later...

The ultranovas are going for a song secondhand if this thing tickles your fancy.

• 3 months later...
Guest The Bro
Now that's how you play a synth!

Will look into this Dorian fellow.

He used to post his music here. He's now signed to Ninja Tune and some other labels. Well deserved as he's very talented.

Archived