IGNORED

Death Grips - No Love Deep Web

Guest Aserinsky

I was really shocked that they used a dick for the album cover, i thought the original poster for this thread was just trolling. As a big fan of Death Grips, i don't think this release is on the same level as Exmilitary and TMS but it was still a decent release. I feel like there was too much extra baggage with this record, the ARG shit, the penis, thirdworlds getting shut down and everything involving the leak. I think death grips should've spend a bit more time refining this record because it seems like their just using minimalism as an excuse to use simple beats. Still need to listen more. Favorite tracks: No Love, World of Dogs, Lock your doors

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see how it would be annoying. In fact I was a little wary of putting it on full blast for fear that my housemates would think terrible things were happening here. But then I said fuck that and played it loud. Very good listening experience. Reminding me how much I used to listen to/play gratingly aggressive and loud music (my tastes have become so tame...)

yeah there's nothing wrong with shitty quality (believe me i listen to plenty of stuff that is low quality) but it's almost like they intentionally made it sound shitty in parts. seriously like an extra 20 minutes of tweaking a few tracks and it would've made a world of difference. just doesn't make sense to me. maybe i'm too old.

it's sounds pretty good coming through my mediocre factory car speakers at nearly full blast. so that's something. lol

i can actually imagine how the production could get annoying on monitors. but i think that this wasn't made with nerds with monitors in mind, same as the last one. i listened to the last one a LOT on headphones with an ipod and it fucking kicked ass.

i haven't tried it on my iPod yet. i got used to The Money Store through headphones but the first few times i was distracted in parts. but yeah it definitely wasn't made with nerds in mind. and that's fine but i just couldn't help but mention it. i'll get used to it i'm sure.

I was really shocked that they used a dick for the album cover, i thought the original poster for this thread was just trolling. As a big fan of Death Grips, i don't think this release is on the same level as Exmilitary and TMS but it was still a decent release. I feel like there was too much extra baggage with this record, the ARG shit, the penis, thirdworlds getting shut down and everything involving the leak. I think death grips should've spend a bit more time refining this record because it seems like their just using minimalism as an excuse to use simple beats. Still need to listen more. Favorite tracks: No Love, World of Dogs, Lock your doors

gotta love the fucking internet these days. talking about something that happened literally like 24 hours ago like it's all done and in the past, we're so jaded now.... :derp:

This is great. I really like the production style, fits the music perfectly. It's cool to hear electronic drums being played by a first rate drummer for a change. It's very rare that I get anything out of hip hop, so this is pretty exciting.

Ok, listened to it. Never heard about Death Grips before and in my honest opinion I must say I don`t understand what is good about this record in any way (the dick is healthy, I`ll give them that). It`s just terrible/weak/shit in any musical sense of the word. I have a feeling that there are some hipster undercurrents that I`m not familiar with...and it`s ok with me, maybe I`m too old, to traditional or smth. But it`s just bad record. IMHO.

Makes me laugh when somebody (usually an American) hates something and then proclaims it as something a hipster would listen too.

It seems to happen a lot at Watmm HQ

Good for you. I`m Latvian, you know, eastern Europe n shit.

Can you enlighten me, what`s so good about this record? Why do YOU like it?

Hahah, it wasn't a personal attack on you my friend. I was just saying generally. That's why I didn't quote you. But it does happen a lot round here.

If you hate it? Raise the hipster argument.

Peace.

I see, by not quoting but still implying something you kind of avoid being responsible for you words...very clever!

So, beerwolf, my friend, what`s your opinion on this album?

I see, by not quoting but still implying something you kind of avoid being responsible for you words...very clever!

So, beerwolf, my friend, what`s your opinion on this album?

:biggrin:

It's meant to portray emotions more than it is to be musically incredible, which is why IDM guys obsessed with good musical composition might not like it. Their music is meant to portray anger, emptiness, and paranoia. It's meant to sound gritty and low class, not "lush". It accomplishes this very well, and in that sense it has great composition for its purpose. Also if you read the lyrics with the songs they sound really good. Get Got has some of the best songwriting I've ever read.

Can you enlighten me, what`s so good about this record? Why do YOU like it?

Well I like it because it sounds unlike any other hip hop group I've heard, the drum work's really interesting, and the rapper's delivery is incredibly viceral. As stated before, it's an angry as fuck sounding album. So yeah, it's just generally impressive and refreshing to hear. I don't usually enjoy hip hop.

Guest peteisfat

Really like the more aggressive sounds in this album, I like the real 808 heavy tracks too. I feel as though not many of the tracks really "got" to me as many as the tracks on Exmilitary or TMS.

Really like the more aggressive sounds in this album, I like the real 808 heavy tracks too. I feel as though not many of the tracks really "got" to me as many as the tracks on Exmilitary or TMS.

Digging the avatar my man. Dr. Steve Bruel is my hero

I don't like this album as much as their previous ones, actually. I felt that the less-powerful The Money Store was actually more powerful at making points using the music itself. This one sounds angry but ultimately less memorable. Still a good album by all standards, just not on the level of TMS or Exmilitary. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Also, it was really fun to stay up waiting for them to leak it and following it all on their Facebook page.

Ok, this is very good and very convincing:

Still I think the new album is weak, I feel like it takes too much effort to enjoy it, you have to almost imagine stuff that isn`t actually there (and you have to know his previous works to do that). So that trashy feeling he is going for feels kind of gimmicky. Imho good art should speak for itself, detached from artists personality/ his previous works. The guy is talented but it just doesn`t shows in penis album. Still, powerful track that Full Moon.

The main mc gets on my nerves. He raps like he's been cattle pronged. jmo

I like that.

If he sounded like Nas or Big Daddy Kayne or just about anyone else, I don't know if it would be good.

This new one is interesting, in terms of his voice.

He doesn't seem to be shouting as much. It seems like his new thing is to double his vocal tracks an have one that is a little calmer, while the other one is more shout-y.

To me, it's kinda like how Axl Rose would have his screamy, belty, higher track and his deeper, smoother lower track.

I like Guns n Roses btw. Haters gonna hate.

Archived