IGNORED

Bungie - Destiny

lumpenprol

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the main theme melody is anything like that god-awful monk shit from Halo then I'll dick slap whoever is charge of Bungie right across the face. I can't believe anyone actually thinks that it's good.

Plus, gimme another Marathon! They're everywhere! *insert amazing scream here*

YEAH!

About the artwork... I don't really care.

This game looks pretty. So hard to please you gents. Halo was a pretty incredible game at first, but then, seemed to drag on its success for 3 sequels that are meh to me... its nice to see bungie do something different imo.

You think they're ingame graphics?

You were probably convinced by the original Killzone 2 "gameplay" trailer too.

Never said they were... just said it looked pretty.

I was never convinced about killzone 2 as I never played it or heard of it. I stopped gaming (besides GTA) when I was a kid. You obviously stil care enough to make snide comments...

Plus, gimme another Marathon! They're everywhere! *insert amazing scream here*

YEAH!

They're working on a Marathon reboot right now.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012/05/22/bungie-destiny-and-new-marathon/

which I think is stupid. People on pfhorums.com will occasionally come up with new Marathon games too, the latest one being Marathon:Phoenix . There's even an editor that works on newer computers now.

edit: actually, the story sucked in all their Halo games...

I was waiting for somebody to write that.

Halo was fucking dumb. Why would anybody have faith that Bungie can make a good original story?

This is the company that named its protagonist Master Chief.

They should just call the hero of Destiny something truly unique, like Unnamed Player.

To be fair, 90% of all video games stories sucks. It's not just a Halo thing.

Bungie's biggest problem is their character development. Master Chief, Cortana, Sgt. Johnson, and whatever they're called, are all fucking awful. But in the Halo: ODST they actually managed to make a really great atmosphere, and a slightly more interesting story.

You think they're ingame graphics?

You were probably convinced by the original Killzone 2 "gameplay" trailer too.

Never said they were... just said it looked pretty.

I was never convinced about killzone 2 as I never played it or heard of it. I stopped gaming (besides GTA) when I was a kid. You obviously stil care enough to make snide comments...

Apologies I don't mean to come across snide.

Games aren't just for kids though.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

LoL at caring about the single player on a first person shooter that obviously does multiplayer way better and has been a classic staple of console FPS matchmaking PVP.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Great multiplayer experiences are where it's at. If you have never rolled with a crew of 4 other good homies, bull shitting, laughing about silly crap, utilizing impecable team work, winning 10+ highly competitive games in a row you haven't experienced intense gaming.

Oh and you guys are aware that Destiny is heavily rumoured to be a massive multiplayer game right?

If you have never rolled with a crew of 4 other good homies, bull shitting, laughing about silly crap, utilizing impecable team work, winning 10+ highly competitive games in a row you haven't experienced intense gaming.

I would hate everything about it.

My interest just dropped to zero.

Yeah, World of [insert crappy name here] Craft. Pfft.

I will say though that it's interesting that it's an MMO, because that just means that MMOs are coming to the next generation of consoles... not that I would ever want to play an MMO but still.

If you have never rolled with a crew of 4 other good homies, bull shitting, laughing about silly crap, utilizing impecable team work, winning 10+ highly competitive games in a row you haven't experienced intense gaming.

I will say though that it's interesting that it's an MMO, because that just means that MMOs are coming to the next generation of consoles... not that I would ever want to play an MMO but still.

I understand the appeal of MMOs... but for me, dunno why, I prefer gaming as a solitary or adversarial experience - I don't care too much for games that require you to "work together", since invariably you're paired with someone who surely is wearing oven mitts when playing.

I think if anyone could be truly successful at a console-based MMO, it's going to be Nintendo if they ever make their Pokemon games for their console hardware (and keep the formula that makes the portable experience so great) and bring in the MMO concept.

Imagine how cool it would be to actually compete against other Pokemon trainers in the wild as well as tournaments, just like in the anime...

I understand the appeal of MMOs... but for me, dunno why, I prefer gaming as a solitary or adversarial experience - I don't care too much for games that require you to "work together", since invariably you're paired with someone who surely is wearing oven mitts when playing.

I think if anyone could be truly successful at a console-based MMO, it's going to be Nintendo if they ever make their Pokemon games for their console hardware (and keep the formula that makes the portable experience so great) and bring in the MMO concept.

Imagine how cool it would be to actually compete against other Pokemon trainers in the wild as well as tournaments, just like in the anime...

But first, Japan needs to figure out how to use the internet. Neither the Wii's or the PS3's online capabilities and/or functions have been very good. The Wii takes first prize though because holy shit...

Archived