IGNORED

New track - Emot-3111 by MC Obel

Blir

https://soundcloud.com/lftblnk/emot-3111

Hi guys, been a bit nervous about putting this tune up. I made it a while back. Please give comments, criticism, advice! It's a bit of an emotional one, very close to my heart so don't be too harsh. Channeled some pretty heavy emotions into this track, hence the name :)

Also don't forget to rate, subscribe and add me to FB!

Free vinyl to 100th Facebook addition.

this is weird, but i like it !

i think this melodie has a quite positive funny mood to me and when it's playing together with that dark distorted instrument it's just such a contrast that fucks my mind, great job ! like getting my mind fucked ^_*

liked and suscribed mate check out my stuff when you have time, i might give some free vinyls as well

also limpy was right about eq carving

Guest active galaxies

Strong lyrics. That cavernous bass that comes in now and again does tend to drag down the mix a bit, some careful EQing or addressing the reverb on that instrument would help the busier sections.

I'm not a major fan of that synthetic guitar sound you're using, but I can see how that ties into the fuck you/charity shop vibe of the whole piece.

Guest Frankie5fingers
I keep coming back to this track.

same. it has a strange hold over me.

kinda sounds like it should be in an old PS1 game. like Tomba or something.

I keep coming back to this track.

Are you planning to do an album?

Out early 2014.

Remix album later in the year.

Hi. Obel allowed me to post the remix in here.

Been working on this for more than 12 hours at this point. With this remix, I wanted to explore the rhythmic patterns of the original track even further and expand on them. My goal was to add a hint of abstractness while keeping the dance-able feel of the original. I feel I succeeded at this.

My second goal was to add another layer of melody. No doubt that the Obel's track is filled with exciting and intense harmonies, but again, I wanted to go further than that. The result is a melody that goes where no melody has ever gone before. Again, I think I did a very good job at this.

I think that's all I have to say, really. I hope you enjoy it. Any kind of feedback, as long as it's really positive, is more than welcome. Thank you.

edit1: After numerous requests, I decided to add a so-called 'drop' at the end. After working on this for an hour, I realized these people were right. To be honest, I think I did a most excellent job at implementing it into the existing track without it feeling out of place or unnatural.

https://soundcloud.com/end-iffy-i-roll/remix-of-obels-track-please/s-h0JxQ

I just got off the phone with skrillex and he is cowering in fear and shame at your drops, it sounded like he may have wet himself, hard to tell over the phone but I can usually tell.

YES. This is a solid track, mate. I mean it.

Sort of reminds me of the theme of Kiwi Kraze, an obscure NES game from my childhood. Your track has a little more machismo though, which is cool.

I would love to hear more tracks from you like this, computerised vocals included.

• 9 months later...

Thanks again for the effort with this video Triachus. I heartily recommend his video talents to anyone looking to make it as an IDM superstar, his rates are fair and he's full of ideas. This video is a conduit for the exact kind of emotion I wanted to inject into this track.

Unfortunately the album is delayed until early 2015 due to having some unfinished shopping. Still accepting remixes of Emot-3111 for the remix album though.

----

xXx420xH34d5h0Tx0B3LxXx

Archived