IGNORED

cocaine

beerwolf

I'm a drug virgin btw, I've never tried any. I'm curious about psychedelics though.

Me too. I only drink, but being a musician [especially an electronic musician] takes you to some interesting places. I think my first time will be with DMT or acid. I've heard that psychedelics can intensify your anxiety, so I've been kind of concerned about delving in.

For the longest time, I always felt that coke turned the atmosphere a little darker. Things would get almost immediately seedier. But after moving to SF, and getting to know some genuinely good people that also do coke on occasion, my views have changed a bit. It's definitely not for everyone, but it's not all bad. Although, all of the people I know that have had a problem with it are a little mentally fucked up and/or selfish at heart. I'm not sure what the correlation is, but I've seen it a lot.

Once, I got into a "staying-up" contest with a friend of mine because of cocaine. I posited that she couldn't stay up as long as I could even with the coke in her system. I have insomnia and I had also drank coffee that day [which I'm very sensitive to], so I was confident I could win. We stayed up til like 7pm the next day and fell asleep in the park.

Coffee is one hell of a drug.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Psychedelics can certainly fuck you up. Start with low doses and build it up very, very slowly. Only increase dosages when you are comfortable with the level of weirdness. Things can get extremely weird and intense at a certain point. Keep in mind that different tabs will have different dosages and LSD has a fast tolerance build up. So if you haven't done it in a while and get a new batch with unknown potency, better play it safe and start off low. I rushed into higher dosages with a friend and he has been battling anxiety issues and panic attacks for over a year now.

coming from a backwards drug history i must admit i'm shocked that many people have tried alcohol but not other drugs. What's the reasoning behind that? I can understand not wanting to touch 'harder' stuff or full on psychedelics, but why alcohol and not pot?

most overrated drug on earth. unfortunately was addicted to it for a brief period of time, finally broke down and flushed it all down the toilet, went to the hospital to clean up.

reading about this while drinking/snorting made me finally stop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocaethylene

Holy shit, had no idea about this. From experience do you feel drinking and coke intensifies the urges to do more?

yeah pretty much....

in a weird way the combo is dangerous on a whole other level...cocaine gets you jittery, so you drink alcohol to "relax"...only the more cocaine you do, the more you feel the need to drink.

at least that's how I felt when I was on it. But yeah, reading that gave me my first ever panic attack, and I flipped the fuck out in the middle of a coke binge and decided it all needed to stop. I was alone in the dark at 5am, not having slept for a few days, and my heart was pounding. Words can't aptly described how terrifying that experience was.

Other people have a higher tolerance for cocaine, but fuck if you should even chance that assumption with your friend, coke is coke. My advice: tell your friend to cut it out ASAP.

coming from a backwards drug history i must admit i'm shocked that many people have tried alcohol but not other drugs. What's the reasoning behind that? I can understand not wanting to touch 'harder' stuff or full on psychedelics, but why alcohol and not pot?

id say, at least where I come from (chesapeake area), its a socially conservative area, and even in the most "liberal" communities, pot is still seen as that wasteful "hippy" drug that loser couch-potatoes use. Even Baltimore has a lot of drinkers that absolutely shun and despise pot smokers.

I'm a drug virgin btw, I've never tried any. I'm curious about psychedelics though.

Me too. I only drink, but being a musician [especially an electronic musician] takes you to some interesting places. I think my first time will be with DMT or acid. I've heard that psychedelics can intensify your anxiety, so I've been kind of concerned about delving in.

i've never done dmt but i would def not recommend it as a first drug. that sounds just like a helluva bad idea. from what ive read it makes acid seem tame. do acid, it's fun times.

actually, i mean, dont do any drugs.

yeah, where I live people go out and get shitfaced regularly, but for a lot of them smoking pot is unthinkable let alone psychedelics.

I know a few people who don't smoke pot but who routinely go to ayahuasca sessions up in BC, or have become interested in ketamine... some people jump straight into the weird end of the pool.

Use your own judgment, and research the effects before you try it. If you feel an urge to try psychedelics, I suggest you do it - living with the "what if?" certainly won't bring you the experience you desire, and so long as you take the drugs seriously (as in, respect that they are powerful and not to be treated as something you can just control or ignore if you're not enjoying the trip), you will be fine. Be respectful toward yourself and the experience you are about to go through. There's a phrase among psych users: "set and setting" Set means 'mindset', and is what I was just speaking of. Setting is the physical place you plan to trip. Be in a comfortable place with only people you trust, essentially.

Happy trails ya filthy hippies :)

ps - a kid in my public speaking class just gave a talk tonight about his life changing experiences on ecstacy, and afterward, other pyschedelics. It was an empowering thing to hear, and he's lucky we live in a drug tolerant state, lol. He basically made the case that ecstacy allowed him to treat himself and his past with respect and empathy, as well as those who had harmed him in the past (he had an abusive set of parents). The psychedelics, he said, have helped him challenge his own thinking and become aware of his life in new ways. It was a powerful five minute speech. Afterwards I told him he's awesome, because he is. And you are too. Eat drugs and watch Shiva in the trees, dudes.

Disclaimer: This post was written under the influence of drugs and should not be taken as advice; Luke Viia is not licensed to do anything whatsoever and you follow the advice of this fictional character at your own risk, gnome sane

pps - with all that said, fuck cocaine. baph's post is a truthfulol, but mostly just truthful. The world needs no more assholes with unwarranted confidence. Please spare us that fate.

i've never done dmt but i would def not recommend it as a first drug. that sounds just like a helluva bad idea. from what ive read it makes acid seem tame. do acid, it's fun times.

I have not tried DMT or acid, but I know people that have done both, and I think that DMT would be a lot easier for a first experience, just because the length is so much shorter. Also I think that you're less likely to have panicky bad trips with DMT, just from what I've heard, but I could be wrong. I would highly recommend that anyone trying psychedelics for the first time do some research on Erowid first.

Also yeah, the concept of people drinking before smoking weed is totally foreign to me. I smoked for a good year before I ever got drunk, and I'm glad I did too.

edit: in relation to what Luke was saying, I think it is true that psychedelics can be healing in the right circumstances. I have a friend who is a veteran, who was able to deal with his PTSD by participating in a study where they gave veterans MDMA and had them focus on their traumas and come to terms with them. I wish I knew more about the study, but he is one of the most calm, well balanced people I have met, so I have no doubts about it being effective.

I know a few people who don't smoke pot but who routinely go to ayahuasca sessions up in BC, or have become interested in ketamine... some people jump straight into the weird end of the pool.

Use your own judgment, and research the effects before you try it. If you feel an urge to try psychedelics, I suggest you do it - living with the "what if?" certainly won't bring you the experience you desire, and so long as you take the drugs seriously (as in, respect that they are powerful and not to be treated as something you can just control or ignore if you're not enjoying the trip), you will be fine. Be respectful toward yourself and the experience you are about to go through. There's a phrase among psych users: "set and setting" Set means 'mindset', and is what I was just speaking of. Setting is the physical place you plan to trip. Be in a comfortable place with only people you trust, essentially.

Happy trails ya filthy hippies :)

ps - a kid in my public speaking class just gave a talk tonight about his life changing experiences on ecstacy, and afterward, other pyschedelics. It was an empowering thing to hear, and he's lucky we live in a drug tolerant state, lol. He basically made the case that ecstacy allowed him to treat himself and his past with respect and empathy, as well as those who had harmed him in the past (he had an abusive set of parents). The psychedelics, he said, have helped him challenge his own thinking and become aware of his life in new ways. It was a powerful five minute speech. Afterwards I told him he's awesome, because he is. And you are too. Eat drugs and watch Shiva in the trees, dudes.

Disclaimer: This post was written under the influence of drugs and should not be taken as advice; Luke Viia is not licensed to do anything whatsoever and you follow the advice of this fictional character at your own risk, gnome sane

pps - with all that said, fuck cocaine. baph's post is a truthfulol, but mostly just truthful. The world needs no more assholes with unwarranted confidence. Please spare us that fate.

lol excellent post :sup:

Stick to shrooms for a first experience, do it with friends, have someone there who's not tripping, do it during the day on a nice day, go outside to a park or a beach or something and enjoy...

That's very true about set and setting - I did my first acid trip in the pub on a Friday night when I was 16. It turned into a terrifying nightmare where I believed I was going insane, being surrounded by people telling me 'some people never come down off it'. It was life altering, but it took me a long while to get over that trip - life felt very empty and trivial afterwards.

so nobody cares about levamisole being in coke most of the time now? i mean is this not something coke people talk or care or know about or what? its given some people like, necrosis, just parts of them start rotting and shit. sounds fucked up and im damn glad i havent sniffed any in a few years...

i seriously think everyone who is doing, or plans on doing powder needs to be aware of this.

honestly i think this shit being in coke should be its own thread.

Hateful stuff that takes a far heavier toll on your body than you realise at the time. It's also one of the most insanely blood-soaked products your money can buy and, as noted, turns you into a wanker. No thanx.

Archived