IGNORED

Exai reviews

Franciscus

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has autechre/warp paid someone to generate like 1000 accounts on here to promote their new album or something?

I'm suspicious of this as well. I was hired by Warp back when Oversteps was released to help promote it. I fear that the potential sudden increase in activity could spell a decrease pay grade for me. Some of the new people I suspect they hired are surprisingly witty and very clever. I almost feel like I am going insane because their faux enthusiasm seems so authentic. I really don't know if I will be able to compete and I fear I might have to find a new employer. If any labels are looking, pm me please. I have kids to feed.

has autechre/warp paid someone to generate like 1000 accounts on here to promote their new album or something?

I'm suspicious of this as well. I was hired by Warp back when Oversteps was released to help promote it. I fear that the potential sudden increase in activity could spell a decrease pay grade for me. Some of the new people I suspect they hired are surprisingly witty and very clever. I almost feel like I am going insane because their faux enthusiasm seems so authentic. I really don't know if I will be able to compete and I fear I might have to find a new employer. If any labels are looking, pm me please. I have kids to feed.

if you think about it it would be pretty easy though. not trying to get anyone mad just discussing it.. bots are easy enough to write. you could have a pretty good business model if you slowly over the course of say 5 or 6 years registered random accounts here and there, and then took your idea to record companies and/or artists.

I'm with Charles here. I seriously find it a bit weird, that so many people on an electronic music forum enjoys Autechre this much.

Guest disoriental express

oh ok, nice conversation! ask yourself, does it matter? (btw i think the derailing of this thread into possible pointless conspiracies on the part of warp to promote autechre on a forum that is already filled with autechre praise is entirely useless)

oh fuck, i just joined in..... well :facepalm: for me too!

Guest disoriental express

Found a third one here:

http://thewhaleshipglobe.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/review-autechre-exai-warp234.html

Quite a bit more positive than that German one..

I really like this review.

I hope its one in a long line of reviews I agree with.

haha yes same here.

I learned some things looking up some of the terms he was using like 'terpsichorean urgency'. terpsichorean - of or relating to dancing or the art of dancing.... Hmm! :cisfor:

found another one on some german blog (originally from groove magazine, apparently)

paco42.wordpress.com/2013/01/25/autechre-exai-warprough-trade/

not too favourable, not too bad either. mentions "dubstep influences" :facepalm:

google didn't translate the following words:

fragementiert

knurspelnde

sonisch

dronige

glitchiger

Aren't a couple of these Konklaver track titles?

Guest bardamu

Yeah, occasional purple prose notwithstanding, thewhaleship review is the most descriptive and serious review I've read so far.

Archived