IGNORED

Using Valentines Day as an excuse to ask someone out

Danny O Flannagin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there's this girl i've been talking to for about a month now and i've grown interested in her. She's thoughtful and likes Aphex Twin. I don't know her too well but do you think it would be a good idea to ask her out for a Valentines Day date? Is it too soon? Would she think im desperate if im blatantly using valentines day as an excuse to ask her out?

Any input is helpful

Yes, ask her out! You should have asked earlier, btw. The longer you wait, the more awkward it's going to be. If not for you, than possibly for her. What would she be thinking? ....and that's exactly why you should ask her, btw. Don't ask us what she'll think ( which is indirectly what you're doing here, right?), we don't know her or your situation. We're here to listen to your stories.

Sorry for being blunt and all.

• 2 weeks later...

It went ok, i guess. She's into fucking brostep as well. Imma try to stop judging people based on their taste in music

it could be much, much worse

is she at least a decent person? this is the only thing that really matters lol

brostep is pretty bad, dude.

edit: my partner has 90% the same music taste as me though, so i guess i don't know what dating a pleb would be like. it might not be that bad.

idk lol i once dated a pleb and she was a shitty gf so maybe you have a point

It went ok, i guess. She's into fucking brostep as well. Imma try to stop judging people based on their taste in music

if she isn't into the exact same music as you. she is worthless. every morning, i quiz my girlfriend on idm. she is docked points if she cannot pronounce and spell every track title on draft 7.30. every day, i show her a group of photos of upset idm producers and ask her to name them, first by artist name, then real name. she is docked points if she cannot do this. by 10 am, if she has been docked a significant number of points, ie. 1 or more, i begin to gather her things and put them outside. when she explains that i'm living rent free in her apartment, i put my hand on my forehead and sigh. "you pronounced it owteshruh". this is enough to end the conversation. no girl has passed this test, and i am currently homeless, living in an alley near a library, eating mice, alone, cold, ipod full, dignity intact.

Guest Lucy Faringold

when she explains that i'm living rent free in her apartment, i put my hand on my forehead and sigh. "you pronounced it owteshruh".

ahahahaaha

if she isn't into the exact same music as you. she is worthless. every morning, i quiz my girlfriend on idm. she is docked points if she cannot pronounce and spell every track title on draft 7.30. every day, i show her a group of photos of upset idm producers and ask her to name them, first by artist name, then real name. she is docked points if she cannot do this. by 10 am, if she has been docked a significant number of points, ie. 1 or more, i begin to gather her things and put them outside. when she explains that i'm living rent free in her apartment, i put my hand on my forehead and sigh. "you pronounced it owteshruh". this is enough to end the conversation. no girl has passed this test, and i am currently homeless, living in an alley near a library, eating mice, alone, cold, ipod full, dignity intact.

/idm

Archived