IGNORED

Exai cover is a crime

lumpenprol

Not with my copy of 'steps.

i feel like i remember a sticker being outside the shrink wrap, is that not the case?

yep it was the case with Oversteps, and is still the case with Exai.

Yeah I would have tried to remove the sticker too; I usually dislike text on album covers.

Also, my copy of Oversteps was sticker-less.

There was a sticker on the cellophane to say "AUTECHRE - OVERSTEPS"

that is the sticker I'm referring to.

there was no sticker for tracklisting.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, yes i know...i get neither of them.

Not with my copy of 'steps.

i feel like i remember a sticker being outside the shrink wrap, is that not the case?

yep it was the case with Oversteps, and is still the case with Exai.

>>Yeah I would have tried to remove the sticker too; I usually dislike text on album covers.

Also, my copy of Oversteps was sticker-less.

There was a sticker on the cellophane to say "AUTECHRE - OVERSTEPS"

that is the sticker I'm referring to.

there was no sticker for tracklisting.

Interesting! Didn't get my copy with that one but there's one like that on my Exai vinyl.

eBay item sealed

has exactly the same sticker mine had, and indeed all Oversteps vinyl copies had, since there was no barcode on the artwork.

$T2eC16Z,!ygE9s7HJ-ZiBQ+R!DMruQ~~60_58.J

Interesting! Didn't get my copy with that one but there's one like that on my Exai vinyl.

eBay item sealed

has exactly the same sticker mine had, and indeed all Oversteps vinyl copies had, since there was no barcode on the artwork.

you didn't? so how did the retailer where you purchased it, scan it in?

:wacko:

I ordered it from bleep.com.

eBay item sealed

I ordered it from bleep.com.

eBay item sealed

so did I. very weird that you didn't get the sticker on the cellophane, while I did

i still don't understand why anyone would remove a sticker from a paperstock which is rough, not smooth at all. Clearly it's going to cause damage if you remove it.

I just got mine, and I have to say the sticker kinda doesn't match the ridiculous beauty of the rest of the packaging. I'll take it as a hint to leave it on there now!

i like the sticker, it sort of reminds me of what they call an 'eco-wallet' where you can get a very cheap run of CD or CDr made on a spindle and you insert them yourself into recycled cardboard sleeves with a full color sticker you put on yourself. Its just a much nicer higher budget versions of that same aesthetic.

hmm, maybe.

On another note, the overprinted colours on the inner sleeve packaging give me a total design/print boner. The artwork on this album has clearly been designed for a physical product as opposed to just screen.

Guest disoriental express

I just realized how non-dark this cover looks..... It's really in a weird space... in between....

Yeah it's an entirely different colour to what I expected. I'm a little disappointed with the finish of the outer cover though; it's a bit patchy looking. The inner sleeves make up for it by far though.

I love this artwork quite a lot. I like the sleeve stuff going on, similar to what they did with the special edition Quaristice album. It's like a mini-vinyl package. I seriously would consider getting the Vinyl because of how sexy it is but the completionist in me would not be satisfied until I owned every Ae vinyl and I have a feeling I'll never find the vinyls for the early stuff. Love the artwork to death though, especially the inner sleeves and the disc printings themselves. I was having an Ae boner and inspecting all of my Autechre CDs today and decided to take this pic. 20 Years of Ae:

bHgJTrj.jpg

Oh and please tell me if I'm missing something. I'd love to somehow get Quadrange into a jewel case with the cover artwork but I haven't decided the best way to do that yet.

I love this artwork quite a lot. I like the sleeve stuff going on, similar to what they did with the special edition Quaristice album. It's like a mini-vinyl package. I seriously would consider getting the Vinyl because of how sexy it is but the completionist in me would not be satisfied until I owned every Ae vinyl and I have a feeling I'll never find the vinyls for the early stuff. Love the artwork to death though, especially the inner sleeves and the disc printings themselves. I was having an Ae boner and inspecting all of my Autechre CDs today and decided to take this pic. 20 Years of Ae:

bHgJTrj.jpg

Oh and please tell me if I'm missing something. I'd love to somehow get Quadrange into a jewel case with the cover artwork but I haven't decided the best way to do that yet.

awesome when looked at like that.

i notice you're missing Spangle though!

awesome when looked at like that.

i notice you're missing Spangle though!

What is spangle?

Guest Chogg

still don't have my copy :wacko:

First time properly ordering from bleep. I'm in western Canada, are they always this shitty?

I know it's bad to say but

Do you think this vinyl would be good to buy incase they run out of stock for re-selling later

Like with BoC and RDJ originals. Or do they not rise much in value to those insane prices?

I've never really purchased AE vinyl before.

I know it's bad to say but

Do you think this vinyl would be good to buy incase they run out of stock for re-selling later

Like with BoC and RDJ originals. Or do they not rise much in value to those insane prices?

I've never really purchased AE vinyl before.

rare Autechre vinyl can go for a pretty penny. We R Are Why can fetch quite a bit, same for Amber.

They usually sell out on Bleep fairly quickly. Pretty easy to find on discogs but yeah, might be more expensive.

I paid $60 for Amber around 4 years ago and it's in great condition.

Archived