IGNORED

2012 Most IDM Tournament - Brainstorming

Root5

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Adjective

I'll repeat that things that happened in 2013, or before 2012, or things that haven't happened yet are all fair game. The date is just to keep track of which competition it is.

Last year I started of calling it the 2012 competition but people got upset and said "Too soon". This year people (reasonably I might add) can't help but interpret it as being restrictive to the previous year.

Maybe I should do a new numbering system. This is the second competition I've organized, so I could call it Root5's second MOST IDM competition but that overplays my role. Going back in time, this may be the 7th or 8th or 9th MOST IDM competition we've done. Does anyone remember?

This is what I remember, but I'm probably hugely wrong. Perhaps and older member could correct this a bit.

2013 - This one

2012 - Incomplete Skyscrapers

2011 - Nikola Tesla

2010 - Large Hadron Collider

2009 - Antarctica

2008 - Black Holes

2007 - Beards? Docking?

2006 - Deep Sea Creatures?

beards was what won initially, but the comp was dedicated to the clearly superior deep sea creatures. analogue wings then compiled one dedicated to beardstep, not long after. i don't think it was a year later. maybe there wasn't one in '07

Was DSP/Beards definitely in 2006? For all I know, that one could have been 2007.

I remember a half-hearted docking comp, but I don't know if that resulted from a IDM bracketology, or if that was from spontaneous enthusiasm on the subject.

DSC comp was released on December 15, 2007 (according to discogs) so Beardstep was probably beginning of 2008. They were close in release dates. Black Holes was probably also 2008

So the history of the most idm competition might be this:

2013 - This one

2011 - Nikola Tesla

2009 - Antarctica

2008 - Black Holes

2007 - Beards (also Deep Sea Creatures)

In that case I might start calling this the 7th annual most idm tournament, or something, to avoid this date confusion.

cat tongues

Cat tongues are mega idm.

[youtubehd]3EXd-W_GCoI[/youtubehd]

Rain Man

Bipolar disorder

Pictures of cats doing funny things

Pictures of robot cats doing funny things

Pictures of cats dressed like robots doing funny things

Pictures of cats playing electronic instruments

Pictures of cats dressed like robots playing electronic instruments

Pictures of cats dressed like electronic instruments instruments doing the robot

So the history of the most idm competition might be this:

2013 - This one

2011 - Nikola Tesla

2009 - Antarctica

2008 - Black Holes

2007 - Beards (also Deep Sea Creatures)

In that case I might start calling this the 7th annual most idm tournament, or something, to avoid this date confusion.

cat tongues

Cat tongues are mega idm.

[youtubehd]3EXd-W_GCoI[/youtubehd]

Hahah, that video/music combo is IDM!

I nominate "Lichen"

post-2315-1208379161_thumb.jpg

"Ocean Acidification"

article-acidification_16643_600x450.jpg

http://ocean.nationalgeographic.com/ocean/critical-issues-ocean-acidification/?source=A-to-Z

"Pacific Torpedo Ray"

An electric ray, also called a Pacific torpedo, prowls a kelp forest off the western coast of North America. These large flattened rays often lie partially buried on sandy seafloors, where they use a specialized sensory system to detect the electrical stimuli of potential prey and then attack them by ambush. The predator wraps its body around a halibut or mackerel and uses special kidney-shaped organs to produce a stunning electric charge of up to 50 volts.

electroreceptive01-electric-ray_24275_60

As a proud Atheist, I take pride in the secular farse that Christmas has become

I share no excitement towards Christmas aside from with family (as none of us are religious). But when I leave my home and have to hear and see nothing else except the glorification of some variation of an all powerful man. I get a small glimpse and sparkle of North Korea in my eye. :(

Same shit, new year.

Archived