IGNORED

Perfectly Sequenced BoC Mixes

Guest YMBD

Guest nyujlp373tisch

narratives, protagonists, episodic ect . . .

(1) From over 300 tracks, selected 70

(2) Trilogy mix tapes: Spent 3 whole days without sleep trying to find the magic sequences for 3 perfect BoC albums.

Or the way I look at it 3 new boc albums.

Ist album: this is the meaty, bouncy boc; it has a narrative and a protagonist, Buckie; album named Buckie High. Gave first copy to my doctor. Will post later.

2nd album: nearly finished: currently has 19 near perfectly sequenced tracks. Still want to cull 5 or 6 more from 26 other eligible tracks.

tentative name: House of Adbin'Adab /// teaser: commences with Everything You Do Is a Balloon, ends tentatively with Zoetrope followed by the 7 second Heysanna Hosanna and possibly cliche Magic Window ( I swear this track is bottomless and holds the key to whatever shamanistic occultic powers Boards of Canada has)

3rd album: nearly complete. to hear it might be worse than a bad LSD trip. no teasers

Guest twiddler

This is a joke, right?

besides, I think Buckie High is a high school, not a person.

And Magic Window is a completely silent track, which only other function apart from making Geogaddi 66.6 min is to test the Emperor's New Clothes trend among fans.

Guest Iain C

I've worked it out. I'm quite sure that a lot of these new BoC posters are trolling or taking the piss, because no one can type this:

"Magic Window ( I swear this track is bottomless and holds the key to whatever shamanistic occultic powers Boards of Canada has)"

and mean it. No one.

Guest nyujlp373tisch

I've worked it out. I'm quite sure that a lot of these new BoC posters are trolling or taking the piss, because no one can type this:

"Magic Window ( I swear this track is bottomless and holds the key to whatever shamanistic occultic powers Boards of Canada has)"

and mean it. No one.

i'm not so sure. perhaps i've lost faith in humans' ability to be rational, though.

(1) Some of us are bigger fans of their music than others

(2) Art students get a little overexcited by stuff like Magic Window.

(3) I was a little overexcited on adderall.

(4) Just try to make a perfectly sequenced boc mix-one that you would be proud enough to give to newbies and such.

Thats the point of the topic.

Guest Iain C

There's being a fan and then there's believing in, what was it, shamanistic occult powers?

Here's one to set your mind spinning. Once I was listening to Geogaddi whilst on the strongest mushroom trip of my life. I can't remember what track it was because I was too fucked up, but at one point I became DISTINCTLY unsettled by the music so I went to turn it off, but as my finger hovered over the "stop" button I got the message in my mind, "Don't turn me off". So I pressed pause.

I suppose that was BOC TRANSMITTING MESSAGES DIRECTLY INTO MY SUBCONSCIOUS was it?

Or wait - maybe I was acting like a drug-addled tit.

edit: And PS, just because I don't believe in rubbish like that doesn't mean you're somehow a bigger BoC fan than me (like that means anything anyway...). It means you're delusional.

Guest nyujlp373tisch
There's being a fan and then there's believing in, what was it, shamanistic occult powers?

Here's one to set your mind spinning. Once I was listening to Geogaddi whilst on the strongest mushroom trip of my life. I can't remember what track it was because I was too fucked up, but at one point I became DISTINCTLY unsettled by the music so I went to turn it off, but as my finger hovered over the "stop" button I got the message in my mind, "Don't turn me off". So I pressed pause.

I suppose that was BOC TRANSMITTING MESSAGES DIRECTLY INTO MY SUBCONSCIOUS was it?

Or wait - maybe I was acting like a drug-addled tit.

edit: And PS, just because I don't believe in rubbish like that doesn't mean you're somehow a bigger BoC fan than me (like that means anything anyway...). It means you're delusional.

Ok, you can just cross out occultic. Honestly, I don't know why the fuck I used that word. It was a last second, hyperbolic thing.

Secondly, I am studying shamanism in anthropological studies, but new to the subject and not an expert. From what I've learned so is that a shaman's power comes from either a psychological and physiological effect that we can't fully understand yet (read some of Claude Levi-Strausses studies on the subject) OR from the use of "power" or "master" plants which they give to their subjects.

All I meant was that either BoC used these plants to give a certain tilt to Geogaddi which plants effects can somehow be transmitted to certain individuals open enough to recieve them. Or the former meaning.

Next, time I'll use less ambiguous words and avoid hyperbole.

Guest jlp373tisch

am i stupid? or is anyone else lost?

nope, you're just in the boc subforum.

lol

Archived