IGNORED

Can anyone here write in Hebrew?

funkaholic

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone here who can write in Hebrew, write "Can anyone here write in Hebrew? If so, could you do a massive favour & write out 'Fuck The Police' in Hebrew for me please? Thanks!" in Hebrew for me please?

Thanks!

Guest Iain C

לזיין את המשטרה

According to Google translate, lol. I actually know somebody who studied semitic languages who I could probably ask... but I'd feel a little silly.

yeah i did google translate but i didn't know if it would be any good, thought i'd try here first (i know, playing with fire). its for a birthday card for my friend who is half israeli, plan to print it on bright pink/orange a6 card.

זין על המשטרה - literally "a dick on the police", but the meaning in modern israeli hebrew is akin to "to hell with the police", it's more like not giving a shit about the police rather than actually messing with it, i think that's the meaning of the phrase in english as well, isn't it ?

you can try r/israel and/or r/hebrew for confirmation or possibly a better idea, though i think mine is fine.

לזיין את המשטרה from google translate is more like an immediate call for action (for fucking or screwing with the police) rather than a slogan.

is it not implied that it's the dick of god in the hebrew translation? this would figuratively mean "officer, may you be squashed by the dick of god, for you deserve with you actions, a quick death for your public service, but a comical one for your inability to see past your prejudices and prioritize threatening crime."

is it not implied that it's the dick of god in the hebrew translation? this would figuratively mean "officer, may you be squashed by the dick of god, for you deserve with you actions, a quick death for your public service, but a comical one for your inability to see past your prejudices and prioritize threatening crime."

so maybe "D-k" ought to be used in this case.

not really פרד מקגריף, though the ancient biblical meaning of the word זין is a sword or a weapon, therefore "armed forces" (כוחות מזוינים) can literally be translated to "fucked forces", to arm = to fuck, and so on.

Guest Enter a new display name

I finish my degree in translation next week and I have a course about judaism this semester, but I can't translate hebrew. :(

Archived