IGNORED

Anyone interested in a WATMM night in London? (Update: Meet on 20th June)

MadameChaos

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this could be good

(planet mu flyer)

Yeah i'm heading along to this. Looking forward to not having to deal with the "midnight snares crush" for a change!

*edit*

Oto looks good, never heard of that place.

And ginglik was on my list of recommendations,nice little spot

Guest Iain C

Oto has more in common with IDM than any place in London I know (experimental, bordering on noisy, often with DIY instruments, often electronics, for instance this Sunday, mostly improvised/avant/new music, Kernel and other good beers).

But I'm more than curious about IDM-proven places in this beautiful town.

Let's hear about them!

I love Oto, despite being in the epicentre of hipster tourist wankdom it's a great venue with some brilliant performances that you'd never see anywhere else in the city.

Oto has more in common with IDM than any place in London I know (experimental, bordering on noisy, often with DIY instruments, often electronics, for instance this Sunday, mostly improvised/avant/new music, Kernel and other good beers).

Let's hear about them!

I love Oto, despite being in the epicentre of hipster tourist wankdom it's a great venue with some brilliant performances that you'd never see anywhere else in the city.

Yeah the location has always put me off going there, but if you say that there's good stuff playing I'll definitely have to pay a visit. I always thought there must be a place in London that plays good experimental music.

309968_465566086863220_1473584606_n.jpg

Yeah this looks good and I'll try and reach this (attending a party that night but may come later).

Still think it would be good to have a dedicated WATMM night.

Any more location ideas?

surely a planet mu night is perfect

Maybe if we ask Rixxx nicely enough they would let us into the venue early. :cerious::emotawesomepm9:

Many of the pubs around that area are fairly shit if we wanted to do something beforehand, open to suggestions if anyone knows Elephant & Castle better than me though?

surely a planet mu night is perfect

Maybe if we ask Rixxx nicely enough they would let us into the venue early. :cerious::emotawesomepm9:

Many of the pubs around that area are fairly shit if we wanted to do something beforehand, open to suggestions if anyone knows Elephant & Castle better than me though?

I live 10 mins walk down from Corsica and the pubs are gash around Elephant.

The Tiger on Camberwell Green is pretty nice. (10 min bus ride up to Elephant from here)

Katzenjammers up at London Bridge is excellent for expensive Deutshces Bier und fuck-off sausagey treats. (10 min bus ride down to Elephant from here)

How about we meet up at the Mu event and talk about a proper WATMM IDM DJing night at a later date?

Can everyone PM me location ideas for pubs with suitable back rooms (preferably free).

I will be at Field Day until about 11pm (think they finish then) but will drop in after.

I'll fly over if some sexy girl has a place for me to stay!

photo-585.jpg

fucking lol

I would love to go over there and get shitfaced with you tards.

me too. nj is probably halfway from sf to london, maybe we should just have the meet up here.

i'll fire up the bbq now and show all you fuckers how to make a hot dog.

i will set up some kegs and school everyone in cornhole too. backyard games are my thing.

i quite like the prince charles in elephant & castle, but thats because theres a lot of nostalgia in that pub for me

what if there was a huge b2b dj set of lots of wattmers? who ever has the best idea for the next song gets to play it

Guest Iain C

Let's hear about them!

Yeah the location has always put me off going there, but if you say that there's good stuff playing I'll definitely have to pay a visit. I always thought there must be a place in London that plays good experimental music.

That's Oto, seriously. Yeah you get the typical Dalston crowd there, but also a reassuring number of pudgy middle-aged jazz types and also pure experimental/academic music dorks.

I of course straddle the boundary between all three.

How about we meet up at the Mu event and talk about a proper WATMM IDM DJing night at a later date?

Can everyone PM me location ideas for pubs with suitable back rooms (preferably free).

I will be at Field Day until about 11pm (think they finish then) but will drop in after.

I wanted to do Field Day, not got a ticket yet though. Will probably just make the Mu thing. Meeting beforehand sounds good to me, I guess any pub is a good pub as long as they got a couple of half decent ales on and they sell crisps.

yeah cafe oto can be great, terre thaemlitz & holly herndon have played there, i think salvoj zizek had a book launch there too

the joint best weather spoons is in e&c too, once someone got slashed down the back with a stanley knife there randomly while queuing to buy a pint, no lie

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

the joint best weather spoons is in e&c too, once someone got slashed down the back with a stanley knife there randomly while queuing to buy a pint, no lie

Think I've actually had a drink in there before

Archived