IGNORED

Clothing line uses cover of RDJ album...

J3FF3R00

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pixelives

They could make a lot of money off of the shirt since A$AP is quite popular and therein lies the issue.

biggest problem i have with it is that it removes the context of afx and caters to an ignorant crowd who would buy it for shitty reasons

really true that it removes the context wherein lies the problem, (although not even sure that there are that many in existence) as it seem's to be 'luxury brand' ($200+) for a shirt. it's not like it's in H & M or asda's clothing range which thinking about it would actually be way better!! (aphex would b e v e r y w h e r e (in europe at least) )

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr of Quantization

When I first clicked on this thread I was like oh they fucked up Hangable Auto Bulb and put HBA .... wait it is worse than that... haha

This industry relies on exploiting unknown artists by stealing their work from blogs and elsewhere. Sometimes it tests the boundaries by moving up the scale. I'm sure that they'd argue that their image is a reimagining of the original so stands as a novel work of art (because of the writing on it). Be an interesting case, if warp could be fucked defending it. I'm sure they're thinking that in the long run the offending party won't sell many of that line, and it's not like their imagery is getting jacked for profit all the time. So it wouldn't be worth the legal fees. (Not that i'm trying to talk them out of it.)

This industry relies on exploiting unknown artists by stealing their work from blogs and elsewhere. Sometimes it tests the boundaries by moving up the scale. I'm sure that they'd argue that their image is a reimagining of the original so stands as a novel work of art (because of the writing on it). Be an interesting case, if warp could be fucked defending it. I'm sure they're thinking that in the long run the offending party won't sell many of that line, and it's not like their imagery is getting jacked for profit all the time. So it wouldn't be worth the legal fees. (Not that i'm trying to talk them out of it.)

Sure, but you need to draw a line somewhere.

They really should've just asked to do a collab, they seem to be getting more and more popular lately...

http://hypebeast.com/2012/7/rs-records-x-firmament-2012-t-shirt-collection

http://www.firmamentberlin.com/firmament/23663/r&s_records_stallion_multicam_t-shirt.html

http://randsrecords.greedbag.com/buy/firmament-t-shirt-cmyk/

Guest pixelives

I'm sure the furthest Warp will go is a very sternly worded cease and desist letter and anyway I'm sure they have lawyers on the books. These things rarely go to trial. If that doesn't work, a good old black PR campaign will do (which we are helping with already).

The clothing label also (as well as Warp) doesn't want to be saddled with lawyer fees during a protracted situation. That's why C+D's work. One silly tee shirt is not worth the trouble.

Good for her.

If I were Rihanna, or AFX, I'd expect some talentless hack to kick some green my way for using my face to sell their bullshit. Especially if it were top shop. Fuck those cunts.

Due to threads like this, it's positive that the clothing line steal the RDJ Album cover face. 1) RDJ doesn't need more money. 2) Warp doesn't need more money. 3) More promotion for Warp albums, indirectly, by people researching it and coming across threads like this.

• 5 months later...

So, any follow up on this?

Aphek$ did not sue suckers :tongue:

fucking lol

"Additionally, the ever so popular Face shirt (paying homage to the Aphex twins), which was formerly released as a t-shirt, will now be for sale in long sleeve form with the signature HBA logos featured on the sleeves."HBA_Image22.jpgthis is from about a month ago

It would be a cool shirt if it wasn't plastered with logos in true fashion faux paus form. Seriously, if you are putting logos all over your shit you have ventured from art to commerce. It's a shame. This is why a lot of high end designer gear has inconspicuous logos. Because it's about the form not the promotion.

Archived