IGNORED

Clothing line uses cover of RDJ album...

J3FF3R00

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2013/05/18/watch-hood-by-airs-installation-video-morph/

At Scion‘s lifestyle gallery and retail space on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, cult fashion label HOOD BY AIR has set up its first pop-up shop along with a month-long installation featuring the unsettling video above among many other things. The shop runs from May 18-June 16 and is located at:

Scion AV Installation
7667 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90046

Also, pics...

BFA_6267_723154.jpg?1369761363

HoodbyAir_04.jpg?1369078135

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that ASAP Rocky?

There is also a very prominent and awesome clothing line called "Surface to Air" which seems a little to similar to to this name.

Is that ASAP Rocky?

There is also a very prominent and awesome clothing line called "Surface to Air" which seems a little to similar to to this name.

I think so. I guess the brand is somehow affiliated with him.

Ugh, just look at this barrage of clusterfucks (erm, 'scuse language)

Let's just hope RDJ and/or the photographer responsible get the royalties from it and that they haven't just ripped off the photo (heaven forbid - surely the wouldn't be so cheap :emotawesomepm9: )

I kind of miss the days when rappers wore expensive brand clothes, weird artwork was mostly found on album covers, and Japanese automobile brands simply made cars. You know, before that shit was all merged together in hyped promotional bullshit that was reblogged everywhere then forgotten about weeks later.

So basically in this thread:

If RDJ doesn't know about this, they stole the artwork

if RDJ does know about this, he's cashing in and selling out.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

You're all assuming Richard/WARP even know about this...

I assumed they wouldn't be so stupid they would take copyrighted material and sell it without permission, specially considering it's a pretty well known (kinda) album cover. If that's not the case I'd love to see them being sued

I'd be kinda surprised if RDJ/Warp didn't know about this. The clothes brand gotta have to be dumb as shit to use licensed images on their hipsta-wear without notifying the original author of the images...but looking at their dumb as shit lazy designs, they are probably thinking its an obscure image and no-one will question it's origin.

You're all assuming Richard/WARP even know about this...

I assumed they wouldn't be so stupid they would take copyrighted material and sell it without permission, specially considering it's a pretty well known (kinda) album cover. If that's not the case I'd love to see them being sued

You would be utterly shocked at how much knockoff merchandise is sold worldwide, and not just images from obscure electronic music albums from 1996.

I'd be kinda surprised if RDJ/Warp didn't know about this. The clothes brand gotta have to be dumb as shit to use licensed images on their hipsta-wear without notifying the original author of the images...but looking at their dumb as shit lazy designs, they are probably thinking its an obscure image and no-one will question it's origin.

I guarantee you they found the image online, thought it was "cool", and used it without any sort of copyright clearance whatsoever. Happens all the time.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I guarantee you they found the image online, thought it was "cool", and used it without any sort of copyright clearance whatsoever. Happens all the time.

Yep

AFX is producing A$AP rocky's next album. Richard will send him 12 tracks of Bit 4-esque doodles, take the money, and float away in his submarine.

it would kind of be cool if somebody just airbrushed/whatever it's called the album cover on a shirt by themselves and it was a singular sort of thing

now I want to make a shirt from this jpeg http://ethosfitness.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/female_student1.jpg that would be genuinely a little lol to me

there isn't offical warp merch with the RDJ album cover on it already?

google images could be an interesting source of t-shirt artwork though

Archived