IGNORED

TH: For those who always wondered what an album's worth of intros sounds like

lumpenprol

I actually quite like the more crisp, digital sound

It wasn't overdone either. No idea how much of it was deliberate versus say, just an end product in their experimenting, but they liberated themselves from their trademark sound. There has been so much invested in their methods and distinct aesthetic and likewise in terms of influence and appeal and they really broke away from that on this album without completely discarding it. I loved it.

I feel a bit crazy, but I actually feel like most of the tracks evolved and were far more dynamic than many of their past songs. Perhaps I'll see where the criticism is coming from after another listen or too. Right now, I have the complete opposite opinion.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disoriental express

There's also something to be said for the effect of holding back to leave a sense of intrigue and mystery.

Tomorrow's Harvest sort of plays hard-to-get, and I likes it. :emotawesomepm9:

Guest tht tne

i didn't feel this way upon listening yesterday, because the whole impact of the event left me breathless, but i have other qualms

Guest tht tne

Maybe you should ditch BOC for Faith era Cure? Probably a bit more up your street.

there's always 800% slower justin bieber youtubes

i too feel the album kinda 'resolves into nothing'. it's good, but there is no gratification. i liked the event more than the substance of it and have no real desire to revisite the album. i felt reach for the dead was purposely unresolved to make us want more but now i think every track kinda sounds like that. it's weird. i guess after 8 years i expected something polished and thought-out to the absolute maximum, like geogaddi. now that's a finished album. it makes me sad to think this is probably the last boc for a long while. TCH was more underwhelming, but at least there was hope for new stuff very soon. not so much now.

edit: and the intro horn annoys me. i just can't stomach it.

Yeah what a bunch of bullshit, I can't believe this fucking thing. It has proven that the world is for shit and nothing is fun anymore. I hate existence and everything else that happens because I hate it. Fuck intro horns they make me sick.

Am I doing it right? :emotawesomepm9:

I like it, but maybe that's because i'm not a fanboy who expected more children's voice samples and bleary analogue synths.

just try going into the album once thinking of it as being like zoetrope, except less happy and with beats. its not about the payoffs, its about the ways it all stays consistent without exactly repeating.

just try going into the album once thinking of it as being like zoetrope, except less happy and with beats. its not about the payoffs, its about the ways it all stays consistent without exactly repeating.

This is what's best in life.

Yeah what a bunch of bullshit, I can't believe this fucking thing. It has proven that the world is for shit and nothing is fun anymore. I hate existence and everything else that happens because I hate it. Fuck intro horns they make me sick.

Am I doing it right? :emotawesomepm9:

Ask Panda Bear :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Gravity

THE BROTHERS betrayed me with this album!

leave the brothers alone or youll have 2 go through me

trust me you dont want to i'll smash you with the force of a million gravitys

now if ull excuse me, a real fan (me) has some octagons to draw

Guest unteleportedman

Fuck intro horns they make me sick.

I can't stop laughing at this

Intro horns are a bit funny.

The intro horn/synth pattern makes me think of a 80's corporate video/commercial intro with logo.

Guest feralkittens

They've mentioned loving those little bits at the start and end of shows before. I used to have a collection of those I taped off my old vhs tapes. I enjoy them myself.

But I was just laughing at the idea of someone being grouchy enough to say intro horns make them sick haha.

Archived