IGNORED

New Seeds

Guest Mr Eff

Guest Mr Eff

Listened to new seeds a few times. The main synth riff sounds like it could be a guitar or bass driving a synthesizer through a cv gate in. Not sure if this is the case (I have not messed around with gate in/out a whole lot), but it might be worth trying out to get some cool sounds. Going to try and re create it with the mini brute later on. One of my favorite songs on the album in the first few listens.

Guest fsdapfad

I LOVE the weird choir boy voice in the background. Didn't notice it the first few listens. Makes the song.

I LOVE the weird choir boy voice in the background. Didn't notice it the first few listens. Makes the song.

the vocals sound exactly like the vocals used on Syntaks' album "Awakes" from Benbecula. Really lovely and overlooked album, and they're Scottish too. Makes me wonder if the bros nicked a little bit from him...

sounds like an horrible take at rock n roll...

i see where one could misinterpret it this way, with the simple guitar riff opener, but it's to create an atmosphere where the strings and vocals come in to compliment it. the fact that they're using guitars and live drums may sound lo-fi generic at a fleeting glance, but any one who's well-versed in the boc old tunes knows what their going for and it's working.. they still got it, and this song proves it

people are saying the cosecha signal is at the end of the track but I never noticed it at all

wut? You can clearly hear the music from the promo record at the end of the track, minus the numbers ofc.

New Seeds was my favourite track on first listen to the album. After such a long wait and all the hype and expectation I was a little underwhelmed by the early tracks. Then Palace Posy came along and things began to pick up. The Sundown/New Seeds combo just blew me away. The closer is spine chilling too. What an amazing finish to the album.

Guest Starblazer

the vocals sound exactly like the vocals used on Syntaks' album "Awakes" from Benbecula. Really lovely and overlooked album, and they're Scottish too. Makes me wonder if the bros nicked a little bit from him...

Syntaks are Danish ain't they o.O

I was listening to this on the way home, thinking that maybe this was a response to how poorly their guitar work in TCH was received, in a "let's make a shit guitar track with no real guitar melody that ends with stuff the Beanie-capped nerds like but still carry the theme of the album" sort of way.

edit: I actually love the way the song evolves.

Archived