IGNORED

54 Cymru Beats - hidden meaning

zlemflolia

In some unofficial interview with a friend of rdj's didn't some female say he would hide insults at his ex girlfriend (the interviewed person's sister)

Maybe 54 Cymru Beats is one

Maybe he "Beat" (sexed) the "Cymru" (whale) 54 times given by the vocal samples at the beginning

Then there's that line "saunter in the sequens" - reminds me of a wedding dress as if this female wanted to marry him and he's like damn bch, no

Then near the end there's unpleasant (to the untrained ear unpleasant, that is) noises and then calmness as if the female turned into a bitch and he was like damn m8, I'm out

Thoughts

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember reading a review for Drukqs saying that 54 Cymry Beats was political because the voice was saying "One upon a time there 3 Blairs, Tony Blair, Tony Blair"

what a fucking deaf testud

If anyone doesnt know what interview im talking about maybe this will jog your memory

it was on some online forum, a few posts

she said nannou was the girlfriends nickname and he mocked her by naming the track that and just generally said rdj is a total asshole

Guest chunky

cymru = welsh for WALES, a sort of country (depending on who you ask) thats part of the UK

aphex parents = WELSH people = celtic people, similar language to cornish people for example gwely means bed in cornish and welsh

in the track a robotic voice speaks in the welsh language

the robot voice says something like CYMRAEG YW IAETH CYMRU

WELSH IS THE LANGUAGE OF WALES

MAE'R CYFRIFIADUR WEDI SIARAD YN NATURIOL

THE COMPUTER HAS SPOKEN IT NATURALLY

there are many cornish words in the track titles from that album

years ago somebody translated them all and posted them on this website

the welsh translation was always ignored, people just thought it was a troll prank by a forum member but it's for real dudes

Has anyone taken the time to figure out what is being spoken on Rushup Edge?

Do you mean the track Last Rushup 10?

I believe it's saying "suck my balls" in various languages

typical richard

i always liked the idea that somehow he was just having words in there that were gibberish and had no real meaning but still sounded like words. knowing they are an actual language kind of kills that for me, but i guess it's still a way of achieving that same type of effect. he knew few people would know cornish..
but i still think it would be more creative if the words were entirely fake, but still sounded as if they meant something. kind of like that voynich manuscript.

Synthacon 9 - Starting at 2:30

Last Rushup 10 - Starting at 00:53, again at 3:15

Shiz Ko E - from the start "Yay". Sounds like a sample from something. Video game maybe.

Death Fuck - Very start, also at 2:27 (sounds almost like reversed speech), again at 3:32, 3:53, 4:35, 5:01

Shiz Ko E - from the start "Yay". Sounds like a sample from something. Video game maybe.

Death Fuck - Very start, also at 2:27 (sounds almost like reversed speech), again at 3:32, 3:53, 4:35, 5:01

Someone broke down the words for Synthacon 9, I noted it down but sorry I can't remember who to credit. Deeeeep.

love love love to the laptop
give me back the speed that i need
way more i can tell you
my mind is lost
between these lines of coke
you wanted weed, despite of me
demand the cloud
he rips all nights shots
slowly the cloud
began to melt around his body
melt… melt…

Someone broke down the words for Synthacon 9, I noted it down but sorry I can't remember who to credit. Deeeeep.

way more i can tell you
my mind is lost
demand the cloud
he rips all nights shots
slowly the cloud
melt… melt…

Interesting. I think this entire record has sort of negative vibe to it. I wonder if it was the result of a rough period of time. Those words seem sort of depressing. They also seem like they could be part of a poem as well.

way more i can tell you
my mind is lost
demand the cloud
he rips all nights shots
slowly the cloud
melt… melt…

nice try. this is what it really is:

love love love loved i- loved it.

youre my blue spade that i made

dont know how to tell ya

mind is lost

where it's black and cold

you wanted me;

respected me

beyond the cloud

he rips the rest shut

slowly the cloud

and...

and...

heat

Very start - female voice saying "I just felt the baby moving". The voice is forwards, the reverb is reversed.

The rest - male voice saying "I [???] you [???]". I think there are a couple different variations, and one might end in "Suck my dick" but I'm not sure. The lines tend to start with either "I cut you open [???]" or "I fuck you [???]"

Very start - female voice saying "I just felt the baby moving". The voice is forwards, the reverb is reversed.

The rest - male voice saying "I [???] you [???]". I think there are a couple different variations, and one might end in "Suck my dick" but I'm not sure. The lines tend to start with either "I cut you open [???]" or "I fuck you [???]"

nope.

the voice is just saying "gih bergheim" over and over again which is a place in Wales/Cornwall or some shit I don't fuckin know. Looks welsh though.

way more i can tell you
my mind is lost
demand the cloud
he rips all nights shots
slowly the cloud
melt… melt…

Interesting. I think this entire record has sort of negative vibe to it. I wonder if it was the result of a rough period of time. Those words seem sort of depressing. They also seem like they could be part of a poem as well.

Yeah I see what you're saying - it could be a poem about a rough time or he could've written it about a night where he got completely off his tits. Every time I listen to Synthacon it sounds like he's saying something different - keeps me guessing.
I don't think anyone here has nailed the lyrics and I think that's how Ricky would want it.

Then there's that line "saunter in the sequens" - reminds me of a wedding dress as if this female wanted to marry him and he's like damn bch, no

... it's from a piece of software, and actually says "thank you for sampling a sequence".

... it's from a piece of software, and actually says "thank you for sampling a sequence".

no

Heh.

I always thought it was saying "I am emitting sounds in a sequence".

Guest dylanmcknd

I always thought for Synthacon 9 it was :

luv-luv-luv-luv-luv to

It's hard to speak around you

(Something about color and mouth and maybe voice?)

Man has lost control of life

You cunt.

You wanted me

You respected me

He found the cloud

Eclipse the waves and shores

Right beneath the cloud

Began to melt around his head

Melt

Melt

Who knows though, I think it's pretty purposefully hard to decipher.

"i like switching sounds during the sequence"?

in the track a robotic voice speaks in the welsh language

the robot voice says something like CYMRAEG YW IAETH CYMRU

WELSH IS THE LANGUAGE OF WALES

MAE'R CYFRIFIADUR WEDI SIARAD YN NATURIOL

THE COMPUTER HAS SPOKEN IT NATURALLY

mind blown

Guest skibby

"im going to switch sounds during a sequence" <--- can i get an amen mr. James?

and the 'male' voice says a sleight variation that's probably voice recognition of the first phrase and re-output as another synthesized voice. probably a joke on how we would be trying to figure out what the first voice says. and its not sauntering in sequins lol.

i did that when i was playing with voice recognition and voice synthesis back in 2000 as well, and arrived at really funny gibberish. (the language of the proud nation of Jibber.)

Archived