IGNORED

The sound of music… is irrelevant

zlemflolia

When it comes to Scriabin's piano works to me Pogorelich always comes first but there's something special in this performance:)

Sofronitsky is the most superior Scriabin interpreter alive

Even his daughter said so

Sofronitsky is the most superior Scriabin interpreter alive

Even his daughter said so

Vladimir Sofronitsky? He died in 1961.

Usually he's second to me (after Pogo) but he's one of the most known Scriabin interpreters for a reason and IMO in top 10 pianist of the recorded history.

But, ever heard of Michel Block? Compare this interpretation of sonata no.2 to Sofronitsky and Pogorelich. I thought i understood this piece of work until i heard Block.

Sorry for the off-topc...

as far as scriabin interpretation goes i dont feel that there is any one king.

i mean, this horowitz performance of his final sonata is one of the most mind twistingly unbelievable perfomances ive ever heard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_nMcgSVzOs

while horowitzes performance of the 5th (my favorite single piece of music ever composed) feels rushed and kind of.... crushed, compared to sofrintisky.

hamelin is pretty spectacular aswell.

piano is fucking badass.

as far as scriabin interpretation goes i dont feel that there is any one king.

i mean, this horowitz performance of his final sonata is one of the most mind twistingly unbelievable perfomances ive ever heard

while horowitzes performance of the 5th (my favorite single piece of music ever composed) feels rushed and kind of.... crushed, compared to sofrintisky.

hamelin is pretty spectacular aswell.

piano is fucking badass.

Of course, Horowitz, one of the best. But somehow i never managed to like his playings enough to listen to his interpretations in general. I liked his beethoven stuff the most.

#...his statement that there's only two kind of pianists, eider a jewish or gay (well he was both), didn't help me eider. Like there's not enough of jewish nepotism in classical music world already. Bravo maestro!

That piano vid just makes me think I'm supposed to spread her legs and put my head in her crotch.

That and everything else.

Your mom is ugly.

How important is that piece of information?

Well one conclusion you could draw is that the better you are at performing music, the better you will look.

But then Geddy Lee

Your mom is ugly.

How important is that piece of information?

Well one conclusion you could draw is that the better you are at performing music, the better you will look.
But then Geddy Lee
You'd need to compare video of him playing without sound with someone else in a similar setting who wasn't or wasn't as good, rather than just look at his big nose.

We could add victor Wooten or John patituci (however the fuck you spell his last name)...both not exactly attractive but in the upper echelons of bass players...

We could add victor Wooten or John patituci (however the fuck you spell his last name)...both not exactly attractive but in the upper echelons of bass players...

oooh i love john patituci! his imprints album is super dope.

Archived