IGNORED

Various Artists - Heading for Outer Space

Root5

Cytoplantastic Records has just released it's first EP: "Heading for Outer Space"

a2866028152_2.jpg

This EP is made of tracks that were submitted for the Rogue Planets compilation album (which is coming out soon!). But this is NOT a selection of tracks that were not good enough to make the album. These tracks are all gems that I couldn't bear not to publish in some shape or form. They are stylistically more whimsicle than the upcoming tribute album, and worked much better as a seperate EP. The sense of whimsy is matched by the excellent collage style album and track art by asymetrical head (aka Leftm).

The album can be listened to and downloaded from here: http://cytoplantastic.bandcamp.com/album/heading-for-outer-space

I want to stress that this is a free album by and for that watmm community. There is an option to donate money, to give people an option in case the maximum number of downloads for a month is exceeded (but don't worry, we've never come close to that).

Absolutely loving the cover art !

EDIT: And that opening track .... Bloody catchy as anything :w00t:

BTW - Are tracks 3 & 6 meant to be short minutiae ditties a la Boc intermissions or have they got cut short. I mean they work as short pieces but thought I'd check !

The throbbing jellyfish tracks are short interlude ditties, a la BOC. There is another one on the Rogue Planets album. I liked them, because they allow for a little breather between long tracks.

By the way, if you want this to receive any listens, you should probably post it in the New Releases forum instead. No one ever really checks this one. If random EKT people can post their own stuff bandcamp releases in there, I don't see why you can't with a community thing like this.

By the way, if you want this to receive any listens, you should probably post it in the New Releases forum instead. No one ever really checks this one. If random EKT people can post their own stuff bandcamp releases in there, I don't see why you can't with a community thing like this.

agree agreed

For the cloudcapture fans, stay tuned for the Rogue Planets album. He wrote a mental track on it.

I'm really digging the classic IDM feel of this EP.

Nice, downloading now. Really need to get back into making music again, i'm currently having a decorating related sabbatical.

You definitely should! If you want to get make something for the next compilation, there's currently a genesis bending one in the works. I'm also thinking of putting together one last Christmas album for this year, because I have a great idea for a "Must Be Santa" cover.

I was trying to take the high road and post this where it belonged according to the descriptions of the forums. Maybe the EKT new releases forum should be deleted?

No you were absolutely right to post there - it is actually the more right sub-forum (ugh, 'scuse the grammar !) but as so many WATMM folks were behind this and the LP release I really can't see there a problem with you putting these WATMM compilations here.

Obviously another mod can feel free to move it back it I'm out of line with this ...

I was trying to take the high road and post this where it belonged according to the descriptions of the forums. Maybe the EKT new releases forum should be deleted?

No you were absolutely right to post there - it is actually the more right sub-forum (ugh, 'scuse the grammar !) but as so many WATMM folks were behind this and the LP release I really can't see there a problem with you putting these WATMM compilations here.

Obviously another mod can feel free to move it back it I'm out of line with this ...

When Rogue Planets comes out, I'll make a thread in GenBan announcing it, and also link to this one in case anyone missed it.

Guest Hanratty

I'm glad to have been a part of this. I'm QBLA for those who don't know.

Same here. Thanks to Root5 for doing this. It was fun.

Archived