IGNORED

Someone called this "UFO Jazz" ...

encym

Kept on thinking it was going to break into Roni Size-sque late-90s d'n'b !

Guess what, I sort of had the same idea, but stuck to the simple drum machine pattern which I call Belafonte because it reminds me of the music being made on the ship of the same name in Life Acquatic.

Cheers, thats really nice...moody...i like how you work with space around the main motive...subtle reverby percussion... :cisfor:

Cheers heinz tisch! Much appreciated.

You're my favorite thing on this whole forum. The way you base your songs around atmosphere, small percussion elements and samples, is just great.

Cheers, that's very flattering indeed.

Also feel free to follow my blog at http://encym.tumblr.com for updates and music & art recommendations.

Ency!! Lovely stuff man, fucking freaky, huge library of sounds that all fit together very well and masterful production. Great work my friend

Ency!! Lovely stuff man, fucking freaky, huge library of sounds that all fit together very well and masterful production. Great work my friend

yeah, this sounds really advanced, nice use of stereo ! reminds me a little bit about amon tobin at some points. great job man ! was a pleasure to listen to, thanks for sharing !

cheers

Cheers guys!

• 1 month later...

somone called this ufo jazz is pretty awesome. In parts it reminds me a lot of Stock Hausen and Walkmen, have you ever heard their music? It's a little darker than the stuff they used to do though.

For anyone who enjoyed this track, feel free to check out my latest - an interlude/intervention:

https://soundcloud.com/encym/bockig-skulptur

really like this one as well, has a sort of Ovalcommers vibe to it, which is my favorite era of oval except that sounds more organic and less computery, very nice!

Nice, I like the mix of washy reverse-cymbal type sounds and more glitchy, almost 8-bitish stuff in places. And that acidy squelch, of course, sounding swell!

Thanks ...

great track man. ufo-ey. Jazz-y.

sexy stuff m8

.... and thanks!

Really nice stuff. I especially like the beginning of the third track (sqFK2) with the kind of implied chords, that resurface later on. Just very evocative and the programming / composition is tight.

Keep it up!

Really nice stuff. I especially like the beginning of the third track (sqFK2) with the kind of implied chords, that resurface later on. Just very evocative and the programming / composition is tight.

Keep it up!

surely you're none other than blanketfortcollapse?

uhhhh...?

Keep it up!

surely you're none other than blanketfortcollapse?

uhhhh...?

no i came up with that name in 2007 for my music. had no idea bfc existed until i joined this forum. sorry. not trying to stir anything up but i had already created my alter ego and at least 3 hours of tunes under bf and joined watmm by the time i realized there might be any issues. (might there be? i don't even know.) my stuff is at blanketforts dot bandcamp and also some stuff on SC.

• 1 month later...

Archived