IGNORED

Slowfast 160/80bpm bass/jungle/something?

impakt

This is dope! great atmosphere..

If I may ask, how did you get that amount of gain and still keep it so dynamic sounding?

Why am I expecting to hear, ah just threw Ableton's stock limiter on there? :huh:

i feel like all of the sudden, everyone knows how to professionally master ITB, and reach commercial gain levels without distorting or losing dynamics.. Is Ableton really able to do all this? Im so baffled... Maybe it's time to leave Cubase? but anyway, very nice track, sir!

Sometimes (quite often really) I wish mid 90s jungle and dnb would make a comeback, as that was the first electronic music I really listened to. I like this resurgence of breaks/amenry combined with high production quality and the fusion with big, dubby bass that I've seen lately.

I think you've achieved that here quite nicely too. =)

It takes me back in a way, while simultaneously reminding me of the awesome innovations in the last 15-20years

cheers

If I may ask, how did you get that amount of gain and still keep it so dynamic sounding?

Why am I expecting to hear, ah just threw Ableton's stock limiter on there? :huh:

i feel like all of the sudden, everyone knows how to professionally master ITB, and reach commercial gain levels without distorting or losing dynamics.. Is Ableton really able to do all this? Im so baffled... Maybe it's time to leave Cubase? but anyway, very nice track, sir!

Hehe, I didn't use Ableton live. I'm using fruityloops which I've used for 15(?) years. I'm using multiband compression, noise gates, highpass filters and eq etc to create dynamics.

RMS/Peak blending, fruity spectrometer in every channel to see which bands are activated and where to cut away sounds to carve out a picture.

Hehe, I didn't use Ableton live. I'm using fruityloops which I've used for 15(?) years. I'm using multiband compression, noise gates, highpass filters and eq etc to create dynamics.

RMS/Peak blending, fruity spectrometer in every channel to see which bands are activated and where to cut away sounds to carve out a picture.

Wow, sounds amazing.. Might I ask what source you are using for your drum sounds? They sound very snappy and smooth, but not overly processed either (:

I just sliced every single hit, re-arranged it in sync. Then processed, one way by using a noise gate to cut right at the transient peak and give it a short release envelope to make it even snappier.

It's from my own sample library that I've managed to keep ever since I started, somehow.

that's awesome.. seems like that's the best way. i've been discovering that it's really less about the source than it is about the ability to find/tweak/create what you need from here or there and compile them into one place where you can easily access certain sounds when needed. I've had an enormous library thats been growing over the last 10 years, but ive just recently realized it's more important to get rid of excess sounds than to keep collecting new ones. Always been on this "hunt" for the perfect kick, snares, etc.. but realized that they dont exist in a vacuum (although there are sounds that are more powerful, more defined than others) but it's just as important how they work in context of each other than the sounds alone.

That's completely correct. The search for the perfect "premade" sounds is a joke, like you say - the ability to take any sample and twist it into what you need it to be is what it's all about. Some samples make it easier than others though :) I like having a vast amount of samples at my hand. As they have been collected over time, I have sense of feeling for where to find what I need. When I'm bored I just "shuffle" around until some sound inspires me or something.

Nothing beats classic rave stabs for getting my party juices going!

This is fresh, mang.

Except I forgot I had the volume up and that first hit made me shit from my eyes.

Fuck, I was totally waiting for the amen to drop cuz the "jungle" description. Tight jungle shiz over this would kill so hard. Like when those claps roll up if amen came in, oooooh fuuuuuck... Just imagining it is making me feel good.

Archived