IGNORED

Snapchat me

dr lopez

I don't even know what snapchat is, but the idea that I have to think of using yet another means to communicate on the Internet pisses me right the fuck off.

Edit: but I don't really want to miss out on cat ass

The company revealed in a blog post on October 14, 2013 that it complies with the requirements of the federal Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) by handing over images not yet seen by its users to American law enforcement agencies. Snapchat director of operations Micah Schaffer explained: "Since May 2013, about a dozen of the search warrants we’ve received have resulted in us producing unopened snaps to law enforcement.

On May 9, 2013, Forbes reported that Snapchat photos do not actually disappear, and that the images can still be retrieved with minimal technical knowledge after the time limit expires.[26] The Electronic Privacy Information Center consequently filed a complaint against Snapchat with the Federal Trade Commission, stating that Snapchat deceived its customers by leading them to believe that pictures are destroyed within seconds of viewing.[27]

Snapchat's own documentation states that the company's servers retain a log of the last 200 "snaps" that were sent and received, but no actual content is stored. The documentation further explains that if the file is not viewed by the recipient, it remains on Snapchat's servers for 30 days.

wiki

• 1 year later...

So I got to thinking about the Snapchat story feature and decided to start a new account, just for music. Basically I'm gonna treat it like an ongoing, ephemeral mixtape; just posting whatever, I'm planning on just upping 10-20 clips a day. I'll be tagging all music as well so if you hear something new that you like you can go look them up.

And I write a lot of music so there'll be some bits of the writing process on there occasionally. But not much don't worry.

If you want to check it out (I won't be adding anyone back, sending direct snaps, etc: just uploading music bits) here ya go:

SWJnkYS.jpg

Archived