IGNORED

Uruguay legalizes marijuana

ambermonk

The world is wising up to how ridiculous it is to have a flowering ditch-weed be illegal. Good for them. Now, lets watch people try to squeeze tax money out of something that became moral the second they passed some pieces of paper through legislation to make it legal to collect money from it.

yes. it's a step in the right direction. however, the quality of the weed should be sufficient and natural.

Weed in the Netherlands, par example, is pretty fucked up, with THC levels reaching 15%. It's not "oh, let's smoke a joint and have some giggles" but some proper "let's get fucked up beyond all recognition", which can be fun every blue moon, but all in all, weed shouldn't end with you being in some sort of stupor, gazing at the stones in front of you wondering what the hell is going on.

Just my 2 cents.

So wait... what? You want shitty non-potent pot because you're afraid to actually get high? The qualities that cannabis has in terms of potency are more genetically and environmentally determined than anything you add to the soil or foliage... so the 'natural and sufficient' comment doesn't really make sense to me... if you want to not get that stoned, smoke a hit or two less?

People drink grain solvents all over the world until they pass out in a drunken stupor without looking twice, but you got beef with bud being too potent for people who don't smoke often?

(disregard if I am completely off base, but that's what I gathered from that comment)

I haven't smoked in a 2.5 months. Mostly stopped because I was too dependant on it. This might colour my bias.

Still, I think the THC levels are too high (lel). The Weed Smoking Association here in the Netherlands has actually acknowledged that, and are sending out the message that growers should take care of these levels, and make smoking weed a more enjoyable experience, instead of delivering some cathartic inducing shit.

In the end, though, it all comes down on locating a good coffeeshop, who delivers quality weed. It basically like anything you buy, find a quality dealer.

lol, there was this guy on the bus the other day who started rolling a joint, and I smelled instantly that he had some shitty ass weed. Gotta thank those years of smoking that got me this fine nose for quality weed.

But it's best that I steer clear about discussing weed for now. It invokes the cravingsssssss

And your alcohol comment: I actually think it's ridiculous that alcohol gets a privileged treatment. Alcohol is more fucked up than weed in my eyes.

funny things i'm seeing lately. electric cigarettes having the same appearance as the vapor pens for mary jane. i see younger guys smoking these and i'm sure it's pot but nobody asks cause they look so much alike,stealthy business.

funny things i'm seeing lately. electric cigarettes having the same appearance as the vapor pens for mary jane. i see younger guys smoking these and i'm sure it's pot but nobody asks cause they look so much alike,stealthy business.

Whoa...clever

i've also quit smoking weed recently after pretty much doing it daily for the last 20 years...not smoked anything in about a month and a half...not been too bad actually in terms of cravings, but i have been having some really vivid dreams, weird heart palpitations (which have stopped in the last 2 weeks, heart seems normal now) and coughing up a load of shit as my lungs work to clear themselves out. not sure i ever want to go back to smoking the stuff if i'm honest - weirdly enough i feel calmer without it, am sleeping much better and am handling stress at work etc better also. i've thought about maybe getting a vapouriser or something, but they're really fucking expensive and i don't really know if i want to put any THC back into my system. i'm also saving a fuck load of money. i think this is what really tipped me over the edge - how much it cost and the hassle it is getting hold of it (even with a good dealer). fuck it, i've smoked the stuff for 20 years, i think i've had my fill.

Also:

i have been having some really vivid dreams

Check. I also had those. It's great to dream again

weird heart palpitations (which have stopped in the last 2 weeks, heart seems normal now)

Didn't notice them.

coughing up a load of shit as my lungs work to clear themselves out.

Hell yeah. It finally subsided after ~10 weeks, and it feels great to be able to go out for a run without wheezing like a mofo

fuck it, i've smoked the stuff for 20 years, i think i've had my fill.

That's the right attitude.

I am still able to enjoy good music, good cinema and other good stuff. The thing is, that I learned myself that I could only enjoy these things while I was high. Sure enough, weed intensifies some senses, but dulls a lot of others.

Not saying that weed smoking is bad per se, it's just not my cup of tea. :nyan:

I learned myself that I could only enjoy these things while I was high.

yeah definitely, i got used to making music, playing games (mainly WoW) and generally doing everything leisurely whilst high and almost kind of rewarding myself with a joint while i was doing this stuff. like, i'd sit down to write a track, maybe get the drum beat layed down and then sit back and listen back to it with a spliff...then onto the bassline, sit back to listen back again when done with another joint...rinse and repeat until whole track done... it's been quite tricky to ween myself off this habit and just sit down and write a tune with no "reward"... but i'm getting there and making music still, so i guess it's just a change in thinking.

Weed is anti-cancer, man. There has been no correlation to smoking weed and getting cancer. In fact, it clears up cancers, mang.

But yah, just because it's a plant gift from the gods, it doesn't mean that it can't be abused. I used to smoke right before eating, so much so, that after I quit for awhile I had no appetite if I didn't smoke up. The appetite withdrawal was so strong, that I wasn't hungry for days and it was like I was on crank. Basically all the shit that weed does- calming, sleep better- went in reverse, and it was tense as fuck. My appetite was so in reverse, that even looking at food made me sick. But I was smoking constantly for months, and mostly a high cbd strain (white rhino).

That being said, with proper consumption of the plant of gods- with BALANCE- one can basically be a super hero. If NOT managed, one can become a wannabe homeless.

Caution, ganj broz and sistaz.

I think that smoking anything is potentially cancer causing...it's not the weed, it's the tar in the weed smoke as it's burned. weed smoke contains mostly the same toxins as cigarette smoke except there's usually more tar. smoking is bad generally, everyone knows this...if I were to take up weed again I'd definitely have to get a vape or just eat it or something.

*hippie voice* Check the research, myaaaaan..... If anything, marijuana prevents cancer. There are like a billion studies that can be cited for cancer and tobacco smoke correlation, but nothing conclusive with marijuana smoking and cancer. Again, marijuana has been shown to kill certain types of cancer cells. Smoking weed is 100% not going to benefit your cardio or marathon running, though.

Archived