IGNORED

AE album genres

zlemflolia

It's pretty subjective though. I think Confield is far from cold and metallic; it's like an alien organism or something.

Yes, but it's something

Exai doesn't seem to have one consistent sound palette* from what I can hear. Can anyone else find one?

You're right, it's pretty obvious, BUTT compare prac-f, vekoS, Flep and 1 1 is, for a quick example. I think there is one consistent pallet* for groups of tracks and almost every track has a sound brother.

If a sound pallete means similar sounds repeated through the album, yeah I'd agree that Exai is very varied within itself in that way - maybe spectrally it is more varied in character too, why don't you spectrally analyse the different albums and see if they have a different average spectrum, you could do it song by song or minute by minute to compare the spectral variation on each album. I'm not doing all that work though!

btw Confield has always sounded warm and natural to me

I think Exai/L-event has a core sound palette/texture. It's kinda like filtery noise and fat and bubbly and grainy but still fairly sharp. Wet. Lot of the sounds are soft, the percussion certainly is, compared to all their other works. Doesn't have much attack.

Just imagine you had a fart fetish. A really nice, warm, thick, dense, lush fart would be Exai/L-event.

I think Exai/L-event has a core sound palette/texture. It's kinda like filtery noise and fat and bubbly and grainy but still fairly sharp. Wet. Lot of the sounds are soft, the percussion certainly is, compared to all their other works. Doesn't have much attack.

Just imagine you had a fart fetish. A really nice, warm, thick, dense, lush fart would be Exai/L-event.

Truth told hehe.

But yeah, I think that lack of "attack" is where Exai deflates itself.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived