6 Circumambulation

7 Antient Hele

8 Hoodwinked at the 33rd Degree

9 Mahabone, Elu of Nine

10 Hecatomb, Knight of the Brazen Serpent **

11 Is There No Help for the Widow's son? ***

79 minutes total running time
-- all recordings made between 2008-2011 --
* piano and arrangement of Mozart's 'Music for Masonic Funerals' and original added composition by Fluorescent Grey
** additional keyboards and arrangement by Steven Frenda aka Scuzi
*** piano, orchestration and arrangement by Fluorescent Grey, additional piano by Steven Frenda aka Scuzi
cover and back cover art by Justin Bergstrom

Releases Friday January 10th, 2014
pre-order limited CDR or digital http://fluorescent-grey.bandcamp.com/album/the-masonic-assassination-of-william-morgan

John Quincy Adams 'Notes on the Masonic Institution'

1. Anonymous denunciation of the man Morgan, as an

impostor, in newspapers published at Canandaigua, Bata- via and Black Rock, places at some distance from each other, but all within the limits of the region in which the subsequent acts of violence were committed.

2. Abuse of the forms of law, by the hunting up of small debts or civil offences with which to carry on vexa tious suits or prosecutions against the two persons hereto fore named.

3. The introduction of a spy into their counsels, and of a traitor to their confidence, employed for the purpose of betraying the manuscripts of the proposed work to the Masonic Lodges, and thus of frustrating the entire scheme.

4. Attempts to surprise the printing office by a concert ed night attack of men gathered from various points, assembling at a specific rendezvous, the abode of a high member of the Order, and proceeding in order to the exe cution of the object, which was the forcible seizure of the manuscripts and the destruction of the press used to print them.

5. Efforts to get possession of the persons of the two offenders, by a resort to the processes of law, through the connivance and co-operation of officers of justice, them selves Masons. These efforts failed in the case of Miller, but they succeeded against Morgan, and were the means by which all the subsequent movements were carried into execution.

6. The employment of an agent secretly to prepare materials for the combustion of the building which con tained the printing materials known to be employed in the publication of the book, and to set them on fire. Such were the proceedings which were resorted to at the very outset of this conspiracy, and upon looking at them, it will be seen at a glance that the prosecution of them involved the commission of a variety of moral and

After some little negotiation, Morgan is once more released by the payment of the debt for which he had been taken. But he is not free. No sooner is he treading the soil of freedom, and perchance dreaming of escape from all these annoyances, than upon a given signal, a yellow carriage and gray horses are seen by the bright moonlight rolling with extraordinary rapidity to wards the jail. A few minutes pass, Morgan has been seized and gagged and bound and thrown into the car riage, which is now seen well filled with men, rolling as rapidly as before but in a contrary direction. Morgan is now completely in the power of his enemies. The veil of law is now removed. All that remains to be done is to use the arm of the flesh. Morgan is taking his last look of the town of Canandaigua. It is a fact that this carriage moved along night and day, over a hundred miles of well settled country, with fresh horses to draw it supplied at six different places, and with corresponding changes of men to carry on the enter prise, and not the smallest let or impediment was experi enced. With but a single exception, every individual concerned in it was a Freemason, bound by the secret tie ; and the exception was immediately initiated by a unani mous vote of the Lodge at Lewiston.

The scruples of one or two brethren who hesitated at the idea of murder, brought on a refusal to assume the trust. Consultations on this side of the river followed, and messengers were despatched to Rochester for advice. The final determination was, that Morgan must die, to pay the penalty of his violated oath.

Yet strange as is this narrative, fearful as is the dis closure of the fanaticism of secret association which could impel men — holding a respectable rank in society, walking by the light of modern civilization, acknowledging the influence of Christianity over their daily life — to the com mission of outrages so flagrant as were the abduction and murder of William Morgan, it would not of itself have sufficed to justify attaching even a suspicion to the entire institution of Freemasonry in the United States, or even to any considerable branch of it existing without the limits of the region where the events happened.

i dont know who that is so no, the samples i think you're hearing are the earliest known recordings of native music.

i stupidly thought you were asking about the first track on the sampler, but you are 100% correct I sample Can 'Hunter's and Collectors' and a plethora of other kraut rock on the 4th track in the sampler

oh interesting, well then my attempt to seem musically knowledgeable after the fact was also a fail, lol.

btw, there is a bonus track on the CD version only

re: mr Tregaskin, I can assure you my Ligeti impersonations will improve over time, this was my first go, glad you spotted the homage though

I thought it was damo suzuki for the sole reason that no one else quite has that particular timbre of random vocal sounds, it must be suzuki

it is clearly damo suzuki from "one more night" from ege bamyasi

i must be sampling both singers then, i did sample that track as well as a few others including hunters & collectors. Sorry about being so unclear on it, I made the song about 3 years ago and it's hard to remember exactly how it was made.

Archived