IGNORED

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Guest Mirezzi

Oblivion was great, and absorbed me as much as Fallout has over the last few months. I think I got to 80 hours of gameplay, and hadn't shut all the Oblivion gates. The gates were the most tedious aspect of the game to be honest. In fact, Bethesda need to sort out the whole lazy level design thing; in Oblivion it was the gates, in Fallout it's the subway. Otherwise both fantastic games.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

alright, this game is pretty badass....i have one question and its killing me.....

I got diseased a few hours ago and I cant figure out how the FUCK to cure it....its annoying the hell out of me...I know you can go to a chapel, but all of them tell me I need to repent. How the hell do i do that?

Forget what I just said. Here's your answer:

Diseases cause some negative effects to your character, usually by lowering attributes or skills. You are continually diseased until you are healed at a chapel altar or cure yourself with a Cure Disease spell or a Potion of Cure Disease. Diseases are contracted when fighting specifc creatures and sometimes beggars.

Mandrake Roots are recommended as the portable disease cure for adventurers - they are much cheaper than Potions of Cure Disease, weigh less, and raise your Alchemy skill on the side. They can be found in most shops carrying Alchemy ingredients.

I know you can go to a chapel, but all of them tell me I need to repent. How the hell do i do that?

I think you repent by searching for the well things all over the map and them using them

the wells wouldnt even work, and i leveled up way too quickly so i started over....found an area to level up to an expert on Sneak...and it fuckin rocks. Im stealin shit left and right....now I need to find the skeleton key and im gonna rob shit blind like nobodys business.

my character has and is and will be the awesomest character ever to exist. I enchanted a suit that boosts my mana up to like 1000 and my infamy is so high that I can talk to Bandits and Marauders...I didn't shut hardly any gates, I have one that I use as my kingdom...I've murdered 2000 people, and have a specific collection of royal guard helmets (300)...

Guest Pete is your friend
my character has and is and will be the awesomest character ever to exist. I enchanted a suit that boosts my mana up to like 1000 and my infamy is so high that I can talk to Bandits and Marauders...I didn't shut hardly any gates, I have one that I use as my kingdom...I've murdered 2000 people, and have a specific collection of royal guard helmets (300)...

hahaha, i need to play this . . .

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Flawed, but great.

I still like Morrowind better. The writing was on another level. About as good as it gets in a game.

alright, this game is pretty badass....i have one question and its killing me.....

I got diseased a few hours ago and I cant figure out how the FUCK to cure it....its annoying the hell out of me...I know you can go to a chapel, but all of them tell me I need to repent. How the hell do i do that?

I think you need to pay the guards if you've been criminal.

when you are first trying to get into the thieves guild, you can sneak up behind armand and just sneak/pickpocket him repeatadly, it takes about 10 minutes to get to level 50 and another 20 mins to get to level 100.

when you are first trying to get into the thieves guild, you can sneak up behind armand and just sneak/pickpocket him repeatadly, it takes about 10 minutes to get to level 50 and another 20 mins to get to level 100.

Damn it, we're already in the thieves guild!

how about the dark brotherhood? if you havent killed ruffio yet go into sneak mode, press auto walk, and leave him walking into a wall while rufio sleeps, this will work too.

for mercantile skill and loads of money at the start of the game, go see the orc bitch at the ruins of kvatch, equip your most expensive weapon, and sell it to her, it cant be uneqipped, you get payed, and also keep the weapon. she only has 200 on her though.

i found infinite money also after you do the mission to cure vampirism, you can just break into the skingrad count's castle and speak to him about the reward repeatadly to get given 5000 over and over again.

I would just like to reiterate that oblivion players should really check out the expansion I mentioned for the game cause it's really good no one on here played it yet?

I would just like to reiterate that oblivion players should really check out the expansion I mentioned for the game cause it's really good no one on here played it yet?

I played Shivering Isles but my playthrough was awful as I just skipped most of the dialogue and attacked those who attacked me and saved those who needed saving. A truly horrific way of completing a game, I know...

Archived