IGNORED

what happened to cylob

mrmegaman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did hear this. kind of sad that you might loose your hearing to something you love doing.

i always enjoyed his live sets. maybe he could do i live stream live like fsol.

would love to see him play again. mind you rephlex need to get off there backside and go a party, the last one at bang face was so good.

just listened to Rock the Trojan Fader (the single track full length) last night. And Goddam if it's not an absolute masterpiece. I really think this album should be cherished just as much as classics like Drukqs and Confield.

Cylob is one of the most underappreciated electronic musicians around these parts. More proof that if you don't promote yourself very well and make ridiculously good music, that the former part is more important than the music.

just listened to Rock the Trojan Fader (the single track full length) last night. And Goddam if it's not an absolute masterpiece. I really think this album should be cherished just as much as classics like Drukqs and Confield.

Cylob is one of the most underappreciated electronic musicians around these parts. More proof that if you don't promote yourself very well and make ridiculously good music, that the former part is more important than the music.

Yeah i'm with awepitance on this one, the complex Cylob tracks were fantastic. I have that long Rock the Trojan Fader tune, & yeah its up with Autechre in terms of complex electronic beats/madness. Cylobotnia is a great mini lp, i gave that record a spin last month and it's aging pretty well.

There are lots of treasures in the Cylob catalogue, wether its his 80s pop tunes (Rewind, Living in the 1980s), Cylobian sunset or even the first eps.

well it's not just promote yourself very well, it's more like actually eschew any attempts at promotion... he actively hated even joyrex giving him attention here on watmm.

but i will not disagree about his skill and quality of his music because it is indeed up there with the best. cylobian sunset is one of the greatest braindance albums ever released!

well it's not just promote yourself very well, it's more like actually eschew any attempts at promotion... he actively hated even joyrex giving him attention here on watmm.

but i will not disagree about his skill and quality of his music because it is indeed up there with the best. cylobian sunset is one of the greatest braindance albums ever released!

yeah i just didn't want to pile anymore dis-love for the guy since I'm just such a fan of his music. I was trying to be nice :sad:

smash up the pram is one of the best tracks ever written, no joke

reposting updates from his website was stealing and not reporting the news (to a broader audience), big huff, we respectfully removed subforum. But this is a nice thread, celebrating the kids music, lets not bring that up ok. [-;

This. All of this. Trojan Fader Style (the long single track) holds masterpiece status for me as well.

And yes, it's due to hearing loss that he won't play gigs. He may make music still, however.

http://chrisjeffs.com/blog/?p=689

he's one of the only artists i reached out to when i was heavily doing RLR compilations (besides Felix of F.X. Randomiz) who declined working with me, I always felt it might have been because of my association with this forum, haha or maybe my label was just too small.

Archived